A portrait-length prime featuring a compact design, the YN 50mm f/1.8S DA DSM from Yongnuo is a 75mm-equivalent lens designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The lens's bright f/1.8 design suits working in low-light conditions and also enables increased control over depth of field for isolating subject matter. The optical design incorporates one low dispersion element, which helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing, and a nano multi-layer coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast in strong lighting conditions. Balancing the optics is a DSM autofocus system, which promotes fast and quiet focusing performance to suit both photo and video applications.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 design suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also helps to achieve a compact overall form factor.
- One low dispersion elements limits color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and color accuracy.
- Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements in order to control flare and ghosting to suit working in bright and backlit conditions.
- Digital Stepping Motor (DSM) offers notably quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. An internal focusing design also limits the overall length of the lens during use.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
- Chrome-plated metal lens mount is durable and accurate for a secure fit with the camera body, and gold-plated contacts help to ensure consistent communication between the lens and camera.
- USB port is incorporated for updating the lens's firmware.