JJC White Balance Cap - 67mm
Get accurate color in difficult lighting with the JJC WB series White Balance Cap, the fast and easy digital white balance cap. Spend more time shooting and less time on workflow. The JJC WB Series White Balance Cap is great for use with digital cameras. Just place the White Balance Cap, point your camera at a subject area, and the incoming light is diffused to create an average white balance for a particular scene. The White Balance Cap easily slips on to the front of any appropriately sized lens, or a lens with a protective filter.
White Balance Calibration Steps
- Capture Accurate Color
- Works in Mixed and Difficult Lighting
- Replace Your Gray Cards and White Cards
- Convenient, fast and easy-to-use
- Reclaim Time Spent Correcting Color
- Affordable for amateur and enthusiast photographers
- Functions as a Lens Cap
- To use this White Balance Cap simply attach the cap and set custom white balance on your camera.
- Set the manual mode on your camera for White Balance.
- Attach the lens cap to the lens.
- Set the lens focus length to telephoto mode.
- Aim your camera to the photographed object.
- Keep the white balanced value.
Using DSLR auto white balance control will not deliver the correct white balance under tricky lighting condition (or even a simple lighting condition).
A simple test below under Philips warm light tube (yellowish light at the corridor of my house). This is how the corridor ceiling looks like (yes, yellowish. I love warm colour as compared to bluish white at home.)
As a test subject, I use a Photo Clam ballhead packaging box, which has black, gold, blue and red on it. There is also a white sticker on the box with the word “Sample” written. To check if a white balance is correct or not, the first thing to look out for is that WHITE SHOULD BE WHITE.
Nikon D200 Auto White Balance:
(Yellow cast. Will be of some headache to correct it in photoshop later.)
Nikon D200 Pre-Set White Balance calibrated using Phottix White Balance Cap (77mm):
(Perfect white balance as if shot at daylight condition. White balance correction is not needed.)
How to Pre-Set in Camera?
The difference is obvious. WB Pre-set is easy, can be done within a few seconds. Below is the steps on WB pre-set on Nikon D200.
- Set the camera to Manual Focus mode.
- Press the WB button on Nikon D200.
- Turn the back back wheel on the right to select WB to PRE (means Preset).
- Press the WB button again for 3 seconds, word PrE is blinking now.
- Put Phottix WB Cap to the front lens of your camera. Point the camera / lens to the subject you want to shoot.
- Take a shot. D200 will show if the WB preset shot is Good or no Gd. If Good, then it will be used as the new Pre-set WB setting. If no Gd, repeat step 4 and 5 again.
- Done and enjoy the perfect WB shots under the same lighting condition!
- JJC White Balance Cap - 67mm
Login to get access to Q&A