The 1TB My Book Essential Desktop Hard Drive from Western Digital is a desktop hard drive with a standard USB 2.0 interface and an illuminated capacity gauge that gives you a visual indication of how much space is available on the disk.
Preformatted with the NTFS file system for use with Windows systems, Mac users can reformat the drive for use with OS X via Disk Utility. It includes the WD SmartWare software suite, and uses a WD GreenPower drive for reduced energy consumption.
- Western Digital has made these award-winning drives even smaller, sleeker and more elegant. As always, this book-like shape takes up minimal space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf
- Includes WD SmartWare suite, which offers an automatic backup application with an intuitive visual interface that shows your data being backed up. Easily customize the backups to protect the files and directories that you select, and restore files from backups with ease
- Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption
- Illuminated capacity gauge shows you how much space is available on your drive
- Standard USB 2.0 interface allows you to connect the drive to almost any computer system
- My Book external drives are designed to save energy. WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer
- Western Digital designed a small retail box from recycled materials to minimize waste. You are encouraged to recycle it
- Formatted with the NTFS file system for use in Windows, Mac users can reformat the drive via Disk Utility for use in OS X
- Western Digital 1TB My Book Essential Desktop Hard Drive
- USB Cable
- AC Adapter
- Quick Install Guide