Voigtlander Bessa Series Cameras are light, unobtrusive cameras that are ideal for handheld lowlight conditions. These rangefinder cameras have a smaller distance between the film and the lens mount than SLRs, which makes for inherently sharper lenses. And above all else, they are small.
The Voigtlander Bessa R3A is an improved version of the Bessa R2 rangefinder camera, which in itself is an advancement over the original Bessa R camera. In addition, the Bessa R3A model is the first M mount camera ever to feature a 1:1 lifesize viewfinder. As a result, shooting with both eyes open is now possible. Also, when bundled with a 50mm lens, the frame lines will show a bigger area in the viewfinder.
Several advancements upon the Bessa R make the R2/R3 a wonderful and affordable entry to the world or rangefinder cameras to compete with the Leica M, Konica Hexar RF & Contax G-Series cameras. Of course, all of the original Bessa R's outstanding features are retained; an exceptionally bright viewfinder, quiet shutter & simple LED metering system. Many internal parts of the R2 are made of metal instead of plastic (as on the Bessa R), resulting in a camera which feels more solid and durable in one's hands.
A major improvement over the R2 is the AE (Auto-Exposure) Aperture Priority mode, with plus/minus 2 stops compensation on AE.
- TTL Centerweighted light metering
- Clear LED Exposure scale with red for under/overexposure and green for correct exposure
- Vertical-travel electronic metal focal plane shutter
- Exceptionally bright viewfinder with split image rangefinder patch & brightlines for 40/90, 50, 75mm lenses
- Superior rubberized and anodized body covering materials
- Bayonet Leica M-type lens mount accepts all 39mm screw mount lenses(with the appropriate adapter) from Canon, Leica & Voigtlander, as well as M bayonet-type lenses from Leica, Minolta & Konica
- Compatibility with the Voigtlander Trigger Winder (originally introduced with the Bessa T) for speedy, battery-free film advance
- Compatibility with dioptric correction lenses from the Nikon FM3A
Voigtlander Bessa R3A (1:1 Viewfinder) 35mm Rangefinder Manual Focus Camera Body - Matte Black