This Lens Mount Adapter from Viltrox allows a Nikon F-Mount, G-Type lens to be mounted onto a Sony E-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximize the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing up to a two-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
If a lens intended for larger camera sensors is connected to a Sony E-mount camera, it would project an image larger than the camera's sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the center portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." This adapter condenses the light from an attached lens and projects it onto a Sony E-mount camera's sensor. This allows the camera sensor to utilize more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor up to an additional two stops of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter supports manual focusing and eight stops of aperture control. It is constructed with four lens elements in four groups that are designed to provide optical clarity as well as color fidelity, and the underside of its removeable tripod foot is tapped with a 1/4"-20 accessory thread, enabling direct attachment to a tripod or quick release plate that feature 1/4"-20 mounts.
This adapter can be mounted onto the Sony NEX-5C, C3, 5N, F3, 5R, 6, 7, FS700, VG20, VG900, and Sony Alpha a7R II cameras.
- Maximizes apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides up to a two-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Four lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as color fidelity
- Allows manual focus and eight stops of aperture control
- Removeable tripod foot with 1/4"-20 accessory thread for direct attachment to tripods or quick release plates that feature 1/4"-20 mounts