A staple of the photojournalist's bag and loved by many for its slightly wider than normal perspective, the 35mm f/1.4 G Lens from Sony will make a great companion to your full-frame A-mount camera. The major calling card of this lens is the fast f/1.4 aperture, granting users excellent control over depth of field and the ability to work in less-than-ideal lighting conditions. Along with this, the lens incorporates a glass-molded aspherical element into the optical design to minimize astigmatism, coma, and other aberrations. Additionally, it has a nine-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
Optimized for intuitive handling, the 35mm features an Auto Clutch mechanism that prevents the focusing ring from moving when the lens is set to autofocus. It also has a focus hold button on the barrel for quickly accessing certain settings. Additionally, it has a rear focusing design which helps improve focusing speed and general operability.
- A wide-angle prime designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, the 35mm can also be used on APS-C camera systems where it will provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/1.4 maximum aperture is exceptionally fast, allowing users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- One glass-molded aspherical element is incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- An Auto Clutch mechanism prevents the focusing ring from rotating when the lens is set to autofocus, allowing for easier, and more natural feeling control over the lens.
- A rear focus design helps optimize the autofocus system for faster, more reliable focusing.
- A focus hold button is present for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A minimum focus distance of 11.8" provides shooters with a 0.2x magnification that helps shooters get closer to their subject.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.