Near New in Box! Little to no sign of use on body.
Glass has no fungus, no scratch. Might have minor dust inside the lens, which does not affect image quality.
The Pentax 55mm f/1.4 DA* SDM Autofocus Lens is a compact and bright short-telephoto lens of the highest order, made exclusively for Pentax digital SLR cameras. In a stocky housing ready for harsh conditions, you'll get a bright f/1.4 aperture-worlds away from the experience you're used to with more common zooms-that opens up new creative doors to you as a photographer.
This lens was born to shoot between f/1.4 and f/2.8, and comes with a 9-bladed aperture diaphragm which shows up as perfectly round when you stay between f/1.4-2.8. Shoot dramatic portraits with bright point light sources behind the subject, and you'll be dazzled with lovely diffuse, circular out-of-focus highlights that make everybody look better. Beyond portraits, this lens works well any time you would use a moderate telephoto focal length.
The focusing system of this lens is SDM only; there is no screw on the rear of the lens barrel to have the AF driven by a body-based motor. This allows the lens to move incredibly quick, driven by an internal motor and with the Quick-Shift system providing manual override capacity to you any time you want it with no buttons to switch; but you'll need a Pentax body which allows SDM autofocus (all current Pentax bodies support SDM, but the *IST series does not).
Note! Does NOT provide autofocus upon non-SDM-enabled Pentax cameras.
- Brilliantly-sharp portrait lens which gathers plenty of light
- Completely-rounded aperture diaphragm from f/1.4-2.8 for beautiful out-of-focus highlights
- Speedy SDM autofocus motor provides fast, silent response with Quick-Shift full-time manual override
- Pentax's unique SP water and dirt-repelling coating on both external surfaces Pentax's "Aero Bright" internal lens yields high transmissivity and reduced flare
- Dust and moisture-resistant housing
- Essentially equivalent to an 85mm f/1.4 lens upon 35mm SLR cameras
|Construction||8 Groups/ 9 Elements |
|Angle of view||28.6 degrees (w/PENTAX DSLR) |
|F stop range||f/1.4-22 |
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.45m (1.5 ft.) |
|Maximum Magnification||0.173X |
|Filter Size||58mm |
|Dimensions (Length x Diameter)||2.6" x 2.8" (66.0 x 70.5mm) |
|Weight||13.2 oz. (375g) |
|Notes||Quick-shift focus, SP (Super Protect) coating, Rounded aperture (F1.4-2.8), Dustproof and weather resistant, SDM supersonic autofocus motor, SDM-only autofocus (manual focus on non-SDM bodies)|