Canon's EF 500mm f/4L IS (Image Stabilizer) USM Lens provides AF with any EOS body even when used with the EF 1.4x Extender. Weather-resistant construction, excellent durability, superb AF speed and optical quality combine with Canon's Image Stabilization for incredible imaging potential. This lens weighs 8.53 lb (3.87 kg) so a tripod or monopod is a required accessory. A tripod collar is built into the body of the lens.
- Fluorite & UD elements eliminate secondary spectrum chromatic aberration
- Full-time manual focus override
- AF Stop function shuts off autofocus when an obstruction appears
- Dust & moisture resistance made exceptional by magnesium alloy lens barrel and new rear gasket at lens mount
- Two-stage image stabilization; dual-axis camera shake correction or vertical axis only (for panning)
- 3-stage focus limiter
- Focus preset function allows for returning to a specifically set focus by turning a ring in front of the focus ring