For the professional, a 16-28mm f/2.8 lens is almost a necessity, and this new AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 Pro FX Lens for Nikon from Tokina fills the bill very nicely. Designed specifically for Nikon pro level DSLRs with a full frame (FX) sensor (such as the Nikon D700 and D3x), this super wide-angle zoom has 15 elements in 13 groups, using aspherical and SD super-low dispersion glass elements to reduce chromatic abberration and give maximum resolution. The silent DC motor allows the lens to focus quickly and quietly and works with a GMR magnetic AF sensor to increase AF speed even more.
An exclusive One-Touch Focus Clutch mechanism allows switching quickly between auto focus and manual focus by snapping the focus ring forward for AF and back toward the camera for manual focus. And, it's possible to buy this lens without applying for a mortgage first.
- Professional 16-28mm F/2.8 Lens
- Designed for professional full frame (FX) Nikon DSLRs.
- NEW Silent DC Motor With GMR Sensor
- The 16-28 f/2.8 uses a newly developed silent DC motor that allows the lens to focus faster and more quietly then previous generations. The DC motor coupled with a new GMR magnetic AF sensor work together to increase AF Speed.
- Aspherical and Super-Low Dispersion Glass Elements
- A new, 56mm-diameter, large size aspherical glass element is incorporated into the front lens group, while there are 2 more aspherical elements in the rear group. 3 SD super-low dispersion glass elements are also incorporated throughout the optical design to reduce chromatic aberration, give maximum resolution, more even brightness and distortion correction.
- One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Tokina's exclusive One-touch Focus Clutch Mechanism allows the photographer to switch between AF and MF simply by snapping the focus ring forward for AF and back toward the camera to focus manually. There is no second AF/MF switch on the lens for Nikon, everything is accomplished by the focus ring.
|Minimum Focus Distance||11" (27.94 cm)|
|Angle of View||107° to 76.87°|
|Groups/Elements||15 elements in 13 groups|
|Maximum Diameter||3.54" (90mm)|
|Weight||33.51 oz (950 g)|