The pinestone Retrospective 40 Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo is a soft-sided camera bag with a simple design on the outside, and a lot of storage capacity on the inside. It is capable of carrying up to two full-frame DSLRs plus three to six lenses, with dedicated slot for most 15" laptops.
To conceal your expensive photo equipment, the outside of the bag was specially designed with a minimalist, distraction-free approach - when you want to blend in rather than stick out in a crowd. Even the front flap, with its hook & loop fasteners, have "sound silencers" built-in, to reduce the loud ripping noise usually attributed to hook & loop when opening a bag.
The two front pockets carry the main part of your gear: up to two DSLR camera bodies. Within the main compartment is an organizer pocket for pens, a note pad, batteries, or other small tools and accessories. A soft, adjustable shoulder strap ensures you can wear the bag for extended periods of time, and the seam-sealed rain cover provides protection against the elements.
- Fits Up to 2x DSLRs, 2-4x Lenses & 13" Laptop
- The Retrospective 40 has sufficient height to accommodate a 70-200mm lens attached to a pro DSLR camera body, in a vertical configuration, or several combinations of cameras, lenses and accessories. These can include: 1x DSLR with standard zoom attached with 1-3x additional lenses including a 70-200 f2.8 lens, or 2x DSLRs bodies in front pockets with 2-4x lenses in main compartment including a 70-200 f2.8 lens. Your kit will vary, but rest assured you can fit several types of cameras, lenses, a 13" laptop and accessories into the same bag for a variety of photographic styles and genres.
- Sand Washed Cotton Canvas
- All the shoulder bags in the Retrospective series are available in three colors: Blue Slate in a cotton canvas, Pinestone in a cotton canvas and Black which has a polyspun nylon exterior. Constructed from sand washed cotton canvas, the Retrospective is designed to be both inconspicuous and modern.
- Inconspicuous & Modular Design
- Just because it has a minimalistic look does not mean it sacrifices storage and convenience. Two "sound silencers" underneath the main flap are used to suppress the loud tearing sound hook & loop makes while opening and closing the bag. Modular components can be added and removed at will thanks to its built-in webbing loops on each side, two collapsible nylon pockets in the main compartment fit most flash units or other accessories, a hook-and-loop strap can be used to secure contents, and a wide storage pocket on the back can carry magazines, newspapers, or other paperwork.
- Soft, Adjustable Shoulder Strap & Pad
- The bag has a fully adjustable canvas strap and a breathable cushioned pad for extra comfort, which slides along the strap for optimum positioning. Sections of non-slip material on the pad help keep the entire strap on your shoulder.
- Removable Short Carrying Handle
- The removable short carrying handle allows you to lift and carry the bag with ease and comfort when you need it, or to remove it completely when you don't.
- Seam-Sealed Rain Cover
- The seam-sealed rain cover included with the Retrospective bag was specially designed to keep the carrying handle and integrated shoulder strap outside the rain cover, without compromising protection from the elements.
- Gear Profile:
- 1 pro size DSLR with standard zoom lens attached and 1 - 3 additional lenses, including a 70-200 f2.8
- 2 pro size DSLRs, (bodies only) in front pockets and 2 - 4 lenses in main compartment, including a 70-200 f2.8
- 1 pro size DSLR, (stored vertically),with 70-200 f2.8 attached
| || |
The Retrospective 40 Has sufficient height to accommodate a 70-200 attached to a pro DSLR bodies in a vertical configuration.
| ||The Retrospective 40 features a dedicated slot for most 13" laptops |
| ||As your assignment needs change, so can your bag. Modular Components can be added to the webbing loops on the sides of the bag to increase capacity. |
| ||The exterior of each Retrospective shoulder bag is purposefully simple, allowing photographers to inconspicuously blend into their shooting environment. |
| ||All the shoulder bags in the Retrospective series are available in three colors: Blue Slate in a cotton canvas, Pinestone in a cotton canvas and Black which has a polyspun nylon exterior. |
| || |
Within the Retrospective series main compartment, are two collapsible nylon pockets (one on each side). These pockets are tall enough to fit most flash units or other accessories. A hook-and-loop strap can be used to secure the contents or it can be tucked into the pocket for quicker access.
| || |
The Retrospective series all have an organizer pocket inside the main compartment. It gives photographers enough space for small, but significant, accessories necessary for a successful shoot.
| ||The "sound silencers" underneath the main flap are used to suppress the loud tearing sound hook-and-loop makes while opening and closing the bag. Simply release the sound silencer panels and cover the hook-and-loop strips to prevent the hook-and-loop from contacting. A clear business card pocket, for identification and spare cards, is also located under the main flap. |
| ||Hook-and-loop panels securely fastens the main flap down, keeping valuable photo equipment hidden from view. |
| || |
A wide storage pocket is located on the back of the Retrospective series. This pocket can be used to carry magazines, newspapers, or other paperwork, depending on the size of the bag.
| || |
Webbing loops on both sides of the Retrospective series can be used to carry some smaller pouches on the bag. Alternatively, a carabiner (not included) can be used to quickly clip accessories to the the sides of the bag as well.
| ||A fully adjustable, canvas strap is integrated into each Retrospective bag. For extra comfort, a breathable cushioned pad slides along the strap for optimum positioning. Sections of non-slip material on the pad helps keep the entire strap on your shoulder. |
| || |
The Retrospective series each have a removable carrying handle for convenience.
The seam-sealed rain cover included with the Retrospective series was specially designed to keep the carrying handle and integrated shoulder strap outside the rain cover without compromising protection from the elements. Please view this instructional video for more information.