The Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC PZD AF Lens for Canon is a 15x high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras using the more compact (APS-C) digital size image sensors. The focal length of this lens is equivalent to approx. 28-419mm in 35mm format. Designed as an "all-in-one" lens, it will meet almost all photographic opportunities without changing lenses.
The addition of PZD (Piezo Drive) ultrasonic autofocus motor helps make this lens lighter, short and slimmer than any previous lens in this category, and provides faster, quieter auto-focusing.
The VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism allows the use of shutter speeds that are much slower than otherwise possible, with no perceptible increase in image blur. It automatically detects movement of the camera and compensates for camera shake when shooting a moving object. This feature is a must in a lens with this longer range of focal length. This lens will focus down to 19.3" (0.49 m) throughout the zoom range.
This lens is designed exclusively for DSLR cameras with smaller-size sensors. It is NOT compatible with 35mm film cameras and DSLR cameras with image sensors larger than 24 x 16mm.
- Compact, lightweight 15x zoom lens
- For use with Canon digital SLR cameras
- For APS-C image sensor cameras
- Vibration Compensation (VC) system is incorporated into the lens
- A new level of compactness, performance, and speed is achieved with the addition of PZD (Piezo Drive), an innovative ultrasonic autofocus motor based on an advanced piezoelectric design
- Special Glass Optimized for Digital SLR
- Three hybrid aspherical lens elements and two LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements are used to accomplish effective compensation of on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations, a critical factor to enhance the optical quality in digital photography.
- Di-II Series Design
- Design has been improved by adding a gold-colored band between the focus and zoom rings to enhance the appearance and make it stand out as a Di II lens. The rubber patterns of the zoom and focus control rings have been improved at the same time to compliment the digital camera design style and to provide better handling.