Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon (Import)
The 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon from Tamron is a high-speed standard to telephoto zoom lens with a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range. Designed for full-size SLR and DSLR cameras it offers superior image quality accentuated by advanced Vibration Compensation (image stabilization) and an Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor for quiet, smooth and precise autofocus.
A new optical design for this popular focal length zoom delivers high contrast and high resolution throughout the zoom range and one Extra-low Dispersion element with four Low Dispersion elements minimize chromatic aberrations. A circular diaphragm that retains its round shape even when taken down two stops from f/2.8 offers expressive background blurring.
A compact build with large focus and zoom rings and a moisture resistant construction, this lens comes with a removable tripod collar and a petal-type lens hood.
- Vibration Compensation
- VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization mechanism which reduces the effects of camera shake to deliver sharp images in low light and at slower shutter speeds. It is a newly developed three coil system that employs a lighter moving coil mechanism which contributes to its improved performance and overall compact design.
- Ultrasonic Motor
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) Motor is the power for a fast and quiet autofocus drive that works in harmony with continuous manual focus mechanism.
- XLD and LD Optics
- One special XLD (Extra Low Dispersion) glass and four LD (Low Dispersion) elements minimize chromatic aberrations.
- Multi-layer Coating
- Tamron's advanced multi-layer coating technology dramatically improves lens performance by reducing flare and ghosting for crisper, clearer images.
- Moisture Resistant
- Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens.
- Compact Design
- Improvements in the lens' Vibration Compensation system and a new overall design keep this 70-200mm lens slightly smaller than others in its class. Diameter is 3.37"(85.8mm) and length is 7.4" (188 mm).
- Tripod Collar and Lens Hood
- A rotatable, removable tripod collar comes with this lens and allows for stable, balanced tripod mounting, and a matched petal-type lens hood is also included.
|Construction ||17 Groups/ 23 Elements |
|Angle of view ||34° - 12° |
APS-C Picture Angle: 22° - 7°
|F stop range ||2.8-32 |
|Closest Focusing Distance ||51.2" |
|Maximum Magnification ||1:8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2") |
|Diaphragm Blades ||9 (rounded diaphragm) |
|Filter Size ||77mm |
|Dimensions (DxL) || Approx. 3.38 x 7.41" (85.8 x 188.3 mm) |
|Weight || 51.85 oz (1470 g) |
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD Zoom Lens for Canon
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Tripod Collar
- Lens Hood
Login to get access to Q&A