The Black 5797 Evolution Speed Roller Backpack from Tamrac offers you two ways to get around with your gear. Whether you wear it as a backpack or roll it around on its ball bearing in-line wheels, the pack will get you from A-B in safety and comfort. This dynamic pack is made to hold a ton of gear ranging from a DSLR with an attached 70-200mm f/2.8 lens to a second DSLR with a 6" lens attached. It can also handle two more lenses and a flash as well as your 15.6" laptop that is held in its own padded compartment.
The pack is made from Tamrac's 600 Denier PolyTek and features reinforced plastic wall and bottom platform for additional protection. Inside, there are padded, removable dividers that can be arranged to accommodate whatever gear you are carrying that day.
The 5797 is essentially divided in half with the top half holding the smaller camera system and personal items and the bottom compartment holding another DSLR and longer lens. Supporting that are various storage pockets for numerous accessories. The front panel has a Windowpane mesh pocket for media cards, batteries or other small items. A second Windowpane mesh pocket inside the top lid can be used to store additional small, quick grab items. Outside, two mesh pockets are perfect for water bottles, maps or other necessities such as a pair of gloves. Two more zippered accessory pockets are provided for keys, ID or paperwork.
The carrying system includes a removable Tuck-A-Way harness that secures the backpack straps when not required or when you're using the wheels in conjunction with the telescopic tow handle. The sternum strap is used to keep the pack stable while walking or hiking. A top carry handle is also provided for those quick grab moments when removing the pack from a closet or the truck of your car.
The pack also includes Tamrac's Quick-Clip Tripod Attachment System that will give you rapid access to your tripod or monopod. For marginal weather, there's an easily deployable rain cover so you'll never be shy about traveling in inclement weather. The 5797 is a serious pack for serious shooters who like to be out and about. It's backed by Tamrac's five-year warranty.
- Combination of smooth ball-bearing wheels and a backpack harness
- Telescoping handle opens and closes with the push of a button
- Bottom compartment holds a DSLR with a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached (up to 8"), several extra lenses and a flash
- The top compartment is completely foam-padded with adjustable, removable foam-padded dividers that hold a second camera with a 6" lens attached and two additional small lenses
- Top compartment provides storage for personal items
- Foam-padded pocket holds up to a 15.6" screen laptop
- Tamrac's Quick-Clip Tripod Attachment System carries a tripod securely
- Tuck-A-Way harness system keeps the backpack harness straps tucked away inside the padded back when the pack is used as a rolling bag
- The padded harness with expandable sternum strap can be removed; harness and strap provide stability
- Includes a removable rain cover
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 44.0"(111.8 cm)
Tamrac 5797 Evolution Speed Roller Backpack (Black)