The Black Evolution 9 Backpack from Tamrac is truly named well for it represents the next step in backpack design. This unique pack serves dual functions as a traditional backpack and can readily and easily be converted to a sling-style bag.
Your gear is accessible through three access points - one in the front and two through the sides - all secured with zippers. The pack is strong and durable as a backpack should be with plenty of room for all sorts of gear including a 17.3" (43.9cm) laptop that is held in its own padded compartment. The harness system permits you to cross-connect a shoulder strap (right or left) to make it a sling pack. The strap not used is neatly stored using Tamrac's Tuck-a-Way system.
This pack holds everything from your DSLR with up to an 8.75" (22.2cm) attached lens as well as an additional 4-5 lenses, flash to the aforementioned 17.3" laptop. More than that, the separate top section of the pack can be used for personals such as a light jacket or even your lunch. Your gear is stored in the lower half - safely segregated from the top half.
Access to everything is easy via the front or either of the side doors. There are interior mesh pockets in which you can store small items like batteries, iPhone or memory cards. You can even strap your tripod on the back using the QuickClip attachment system that holds two of the legs securely. The tripod remains centered and balanced for ease of transport. On the right side, you'll find a removable rain jacket that can be quickly deployed when the weather turns sour. The Evolution 9 is backed by Tamrac's 5-year warranty.
- Triple Access System
- The Triple Access System allows access to gear through either side door when the pack is still worn over one shoulder or through the front panel when the pack is removed
- Convert to a Sling Pack
- To convert to a sling pack, simply cross-connect a single shoulder strap (red to red for carrying on the right shoulder or blue to blue for carrying on the left shoulder). The other shoulder strap is easily tucked away in Tamrac's Tuck-A-Way harness system
- Foam-Padded Computer Pocket
- In back, a completely foam-padded laptop pocket holds most 17.3" screen laptops and others up to 17.5 x 11.0 x 1.5" (44.5 x 27.9 x 3.8cm) in size
- Foam-Padded Top Compartment
- A large foam-padded top compartment provides storage for a light jacket, lunch, or other photo accessories. A mesh pocket in the back keeps small accessories separate and secure, while a Windowpane-Mesh pocket on the inside door panel holds additional small items
- QuickClip Tripod Attachment System
- A tripod is cradled (centered and balanced) securely with Tamrac's QuickClip tripod attachment system while the lower Tripod Foot Pocket holds two tripod legs secure
- Side Pockets and Rain Cover
- Each side has a zipper-closing pocket for accessories like a phone or iPod. The right pocket contains a removable rain cover, which can be slipped over the pack during extreme weather
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45" (1.1 m). The external dimensions of this bag add up to 43.5" (110.5 cm)
Tamrac Evolution 9 Backpack (Black)