Sony HDR-PJ440 HD Handycam with Built-In Projector and 8GB Internal Memory (Free 8GB Memory Card) (Sony Malaysia)
The Sony HDR-PJ440 HD Handycam with Built-In Projector and 8GB Internal Memory features an Exmor R CMOS sensor and a wide-angle Carl Zeiss zoom lens with 30x optical zoom. The PJ-440 captures Full HD 1920x1080 video at 60p and 9.2MP still images to its 8GB of internal memory or to optional media cards. The camera integrates a small projector in the LCD viewscreen door that allows you to project your footage on a screen instead of having to connect your camera to a monitor to show your footage. The camera's Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for increased sensitivity in low light situations and the Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode delivers smooth video. Users can monitor and playback footage via the 2.7" LCD display with 230K dot resolution.
The camera records using XAVC S codec at up to 50 Mb/s and features dual recording, which lets you simultaneously capture both high-quality AVCHD and web-optimized MP4 files. The Intelligent Auto mode analyzes your shot and automatically selects the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes, with 60 different possible combinations. The camera features built-in Wi-Fi with NFC capability and Sony's Multi Camera Control takes advantage of the camera's Wi-Fi capability to allow you to simultaneously control start and stop functions on optional cameras from your camera. A built-in USB 2.0 cable provides a connection to your computer for charging or file transfer and fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it's out of the way until you need it.
- 1080/60p and 9.2MP Still Images
- Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and take high quality 9.2MP still images. Sony's back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.
- Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Lens
- The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm at the wide end of the focal range. Shoot distant subjects with a 30x optical zoom.
- Built-In Projector
- Allows you to view your footage on "the big screen" without having to tote around a large monitor to view your footage on. This is great for non-critical viewing, when you are sharing your video with a group of people.
- 2.7" LCD Display
- The 2.7" (16:9) LCD features 230K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
- Multi Camera Control
- This feature works through Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to simultaneously start/stop connected cameras from your camera. You can also trigger shutter release for still photos and control zoom on the other cameras as well. This works with optional Wi-Fi enabled cameras that are compatible with Multi Camera Control.
- SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- Compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting.
- Built-In USB 2.0 Cable
- The built-in high-speed USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer, without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it's out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time, you get one minute of recording time.
- 7 Picture Effects for Video and Still Photos
- Use Picture Effects to add expression and heighten the mood of your videos and photos. Seven picture effects (Toy Camera, Pop Color, Soft High Key, Partial Color, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, and Posterization) are available in both photo and video modes. Shooting with these special modes will provide you an easy way to instantly transform your memories without any post editing software needed.
- AVCHD and MP4 Dual Recording
- Record video in the AVCHD and MP4 formats for high-quality or easy transfer and sharing. For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
| Sensor || 2.3 Megapixel CMOS |
| Backside Illumination || Yes |
| Focal Length || 26.8 - 804 mm |
| Zoom || Optical: 30x |
| Recording Media || Memory Stick Micro, microSD/HC/XC |
| Video Format || High Definition |
1920 x 1080p / 60 fps
1920 x 1080p / 50 fps
| Display Type || LCD |
| Screen Size || 2.7" |
| Pixel Count || 230,000 |
| Image Stabilization || Optical |
| Creative Effects || Yes |
| Inputs || 1x HDMI Micro |
| Outputs || 1x Bravia Sync |
1x HDMI D (Micro)
1x USB 2.0
| Battery || Rechargeable Battery Pack |
USB AC Adapter HDMI Micro Cable USB Connection Support Cable
Sony HDR-PJ440 HD Handycam with Built-In Projector and 8GB Internal Memory
Login to get access to Q&A