The Sony 85mm f/2.8 SAM Mid-range Telephoto Lens is for full frame format D-SLR cameras, but when used with cameras with a DX size chip it has a 127.5mm equivalent focal length. This is perfect for portraiture because of the natural perspective that it provides. The Sonnar-type optical design is ideal for mid-range telephoto lenses. The fast f/2.8 wide-open aperture along with the 7-blade circular diaphragm allows you to work in low light, and produces a beautiful soft background effect. With a minimum focus distance of 23.6" (0.6m) the lens allows you to get in close to your subject.
The internal Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) ensures responsive and fluid autofocus operation, and the focus mode switch allows you to quickly switch between autofocus and manual. The lens is part of the 'Easy Choice' series, offering photographers of all levels great value, with a compact and lightweight lens. The 85mm f/2.8 SAM weighs just 6.17 oz (175g), so it can be added to your lens arsenal without increasing the weight of your camera bag.
- Light, compact full-frame prime lens; ideal for portraits
- 127.5mm (35mm equivalent) focal length with APS-C sensor is ideal for general purpose mid-telephoto applications
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) for smooth AF operation
- Clear, sharp corner-to-corner imaging, even at maximum aperture
- Focus mode switch allows you to quickly change from auto focus to manual
- 7-blade circular aperture for beautiful soft background effects
Sony 85mm f/2.8 SAM Mid-range Telephoto Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Solid-circular Lens Hood