The 500mm f/4.0 G Telephoto Prime Lens from Sony is a very long telephoto lens with a fast f/4.0 aperture that uses three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements and Nano AR lens coatings to maintain excellent contrast, and reduce internal reflections.
It is compatible with the Sony SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization system, and it has a Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM) with a drive circuit four times as fast as previous versions. The autofocus is fast and quiet. When used with a compatible APS-C format DSLR, the equivalent focal length of this lens is an outstanding 750mm.
This lens does its part to fight the elements with interlocking weather-resistant seals in and around the focusing ring and other vulnerable points to protect against moisture, dust and moisture.
- Aperture Range: f/4.0-32
- With a maximum aperture of f/4.0 and minimum of f/32, this lens' relatively high speed means you can capture images in darker conditions using faster shutter speeds and lower ISO sensitivity.
- 3x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- To reduce chromatic aberrations, most noticeable when zoomed all the way in, the extra-low dispersion glass corrects for certain wavelengths of light - producing sharper images with truer colors.
- Nano Anti-Reflective (AR) Coating
- This lens has coatings that reduce the lens flare, internal reflections and light scattering that can otherwise occur on the surface of the lens' glass elements.
- Super Sonic Wave Motor (SSM)
- Designed for fast, smooth, silent automatic focusing, this unique technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. It operates through the ability of a piezoelectric device to reshape itself quickly when voltage is applied.
- 2x Direct Manual Focus (DMF) Modes
- These dual DMF mode switches allow you to quickly revert to manual focus by just turning the manual focus ring of the lens.
- Dust & Moisture Resistant
- The dust and moisture resistant design makes this lens appropriate for heavy-duty outdoor use, especially when combined with a DSLR that employs weather resistant construction.
- Internal Focusing System
- Internal lens elements move, so the overall length does not change, creating a lens that focuses more quickly and doesn't change balance.
- 4x Focus Hold Buttons
- This lens is made with a four Focus Hold buttons, which offer better focus control whenever you need it. Choose your focus using the large focus ring, and then lock it using any of these switches to keep it right where you want it.
- Magnesium Lens Barrel
- A strong, light magnesium lens barrel makes shooting for extended periods of time more comfortable.
Sony 500mm f/4.0 G Telephoto Prime Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Carrying Case