Sony SAL 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens (Sony Malaysia)
Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens from Sony is a 5.5x zoom lens, with the 35mm equivalent of a 82.5-450mm focal length. Optimized to work with their A-mount APS-C sized DSLR and SLT digital cameras, the 55-300mm lens is an easy addition to your camera bag, quickly replacing several of your current lenses that you would no longer have to swap between--no longer risking dust, damage or missed opportunities.
One of the greatest features of the lens is Sony's Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM). This provides you with both fast, smooth, and quiet autofocusing that won't disrupt the audio in your HD video recordings, nor the temperamental wildlife you're zooming in on.
An Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lens element provides exceptional image quality all the way out to its maximum 300mm focal length--meaning your zoomed images benefit from enhanced clarity and sharpness throughout the frame. The advanced optical design of the lens, with the same elements found in the more expensive premium Sony G lenses, reduces color aberrations and provides excellent contrast to enhance your images before they even reach the camera sensor.
- 82.5-450mm (35mm Equivalent) 5.5x Optical Zoom
- This lens has a 5.5x zoom factor, with focal lengths ranging from 55-300mm, or the 35mm equivalent of an 82.5-450mm lens when attached to the cropped APS-C cameras it was designed for.
- Aperture Range: f/4.5-29
- In addition to the zoom range, the aperture varies along with the focal length as well, from f/4.5 to f/5.6 at wider angles, and f/22 to 29 when zooming in.
- For DT Alpha & Minolta DSLRs
- Optimized for Sony Alpha APS-C sensor cameras, the lens covers an outstanding 5.5x zoom range from a normal 55mm end to a 300mm telephoto zoom, which is the 35mm equivalent of an 82.5-450mm lens.
- Optimized for APS-C Image Sensors
- Its fast and quiet Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) allows you to capture fleeting moments no matter the distance, so as not miss a smile merely because the motor wasn't fast enough or wildlife because it wasn't quiet enough
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass
- The lens is built with an ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass element inside, usually found within the premium Sony G lenses, which improves image quality by reducing color aberrations, as well as providing improved contrast and greater sharpness throughout the frame
- Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM)
- Designed for fast, smooth and silent automatic focusing, Sony's Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) technology achieves high torque at low speed with rapid start/stop response. The AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the lens directly, helping to assure quick and accurate AF response.
- 7x Circular Aperture Blades
- Circular aperture blades produce smooth, rounded bokeh background effects when capturing spot-light sources in your pictures. Because the aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-light shots, spot-light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- The 62mm from filter thread is fixed and does not rotate, allowing rotating polarizing filters to be used effectively.
|Focal Length || 55 - 300 mm |
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 82.5 - 450 mm
|Aperture || Maximum: f/4.5 - 5.6 |
Minimum: f/22 - 29
|Camera Mount Type || Sony Alpha, Minolta AF |
|Format Compatibility || DSLR (APS-C Sensor) |
|Angle of View || Not Specified By Manufacturer |
|Minimum Focus Distance || 4.5' (1.37 m) |
|Magnification || 0.27x |
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio || Not Specified By Manufacturer |
|Groups/Elements || 9/12 |
|Diaphragm Blades || 7 |
|Image Stabilization ||No|
|Filter Thread||Front : 62mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.1 x 4.6'' (7.87 x 11.68 cm)|
|Weight||1.2 lb (0.54kg)|
Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Solid Circular Lens Hood
Login to get access to Q&A