The Sony AF-S Distagon T* 24mm f/2 SSM Wide Angle Lens is for full frame format D-SLR cameras, but when used with cameras with a DX size chip it has a 36mm equivalent focal length. The lens features the highly-regarded Carl Zeiss Distagon retro-focus lens configuration designed for wide-angle lenses that is perfect for scenics, interiors, group photos in tight spaces and other subjects requiring a wide angle lens. The ultra fast f/2 wide-open aperture along with the 9-blade circular diaphragm allows you to work in low light, and with a minimum focus of 7.5" (0.19m) the lens allows you to get in close to your subject.
This lens is distinguished by its fast response focus and extremely quiet, very smooth operation thanks to its built-in SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor), and the focus mode switch allows you to quickly change between manual and autofocus. In keeping with traditional Carl Zeiss design, the all-metal lens barrel has been finished to a very high standard resulting in a visibly high-quality appearance.
- Bright, high quality wide angle prime lens with large f/2 maximum aperture
- Smooth, silent AF operation using high-torque SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor)
- Superior optical design with 2 aspheric elements and 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements for minimized aberration
- 7.5" (0.19m) minimum focus distance for close-ups
- 9-blade circular aperture for beautiful soft background effects
- T coating on optical surfaces ensures higher light transmission with minimal flare and ghosting
- Focus mode switch and focus hold button
Sony Distagon T* 24mm f/2 SSM Wide Angle Lens
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Petal Lens Hood