The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 18-50mm F2.8 EX DC MACRO lens.
This lens has a large aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 20cm (7.9..) and a maximum magnification of 1:3, making it ideal for close-up photography.
Specially designed to suit the characteristics of digital SLR cameras this lens provides a high level of optical performance. Its design incorporates both glass-mold and hybrid aspherical lens technology which offers extremely high image quality as well as a compact and lightweight construction. Minimal vignetting and superior peripheral brightness is ensured.
Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements provide excellent correction of color aberrations. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting, a common problem with digital cameras. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. An inner focusing system eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using the petal-type lens hood (supplied) plus circular polarizing filters.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.9 in.(20cm) with a maximum magnification of 1:3.
- Aspherical lenses offer compact and lightweight construction.
- SLD and ELD glasses offer excellent correction of color aberrations.
- New optical design minimizes vignetting.
- Construction 15 Elements in 13 Groups
- Angle of view 69.3°- 27.9°
- F stop range F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 7.9" / 20cm
- Maximum Magnification 1:3
- Filter Size 72mm
- Dimensions (Length x Diameter) 85.8mm (3.4") x 79mm (3.1")
- Weight 450gr/ 16 oz
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX DC Macro Autofocus Zoom Lens
- Petal-type Lens Hood
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- Pouch Case
- One year ShaShinKi.com warranty.
Special order item, allow 1~2 weeks for delivery.