World's first Multi-function Light Meter with Exposure Profiling and Wireless Triggering - DIGITALMASTER L-758D/L-758DR
The DIGITALMASTER L-758 series was designed from its inception to offer today's digital and film shooter with repeatable precision, accurate measurement and digital exposure control that is necessary for today's photographer. It offers cutting edge features never before available in any light meter and redefines what a light meter is and why it's a critical tool for digital exposure control.
Up to three digital camera exposure profiles can be stored and recalled. Once selected, the L-758 series can recall an exposure profile (from a digital camera or film) and display the dynamic range and clipping point on the aperture scale or EV scale. Any compensation value that is required to match the camera sensitivity is loaded into the appropriate measuring mode and automatically applied to all measurements.
L-758 can compensate and be calibrated to the sensitivity of your D-SLR, digital back or favorite film. Exposure latitude warning indicator, alert the photographers when the lighting situation is exceeding the dynamic range of the camera or film before the image is captured.
To ensure repeatable accurate and consistent results for tonal range and digital exposure or film control, put the power of control in the palm of your hand, DIGITALMASTER.
* Please click brochure to download for L-758 series, or Exposure profiling for some represented cameras.
Data Transfer Software
The L-758 series light meters have a USB port built-in to connect the light meter to a computer (Windows or MAC) with a USB cable. Exposure Profile Data is exchanged between the computer and the light meter using the Data Transfer Software, which enable the photographer to input the calibration compensation data directly in to the light meters programmable memory chip.
Data Transfer Software and Software Guide (Testing procedure, Image analyzing and Data entry) are preliminaly for still photography use.
Up to nine measured values can be memorized in both incident and reflected modes independently or combined
L-758 series can memorize measured values in both incident and reflected modes independently or combined. When the memorized values are combined it is possible to take a mid-tone measurement using the Lumisphere in incident mode, than take a spot highlight, and shadow measurement by simply switching to reflected measuring mode.
Highlight and shadow tones can be measured and quickly viewed to determine if there are within the Dynamic range or Clipping points of the digital camera or type of film being used. In addition, the Mid.Tone value can be shifting to adjust the highlight or shadow to be within the range required.
1 Degree Spot with Digital Display
The rectangular 1º spot viewfinder displays f-stops, shutter speed, percentage of flash and much more with an EL (Electronic-Luminescent) digital display.
It can instantly be switched from incident to spot measurement mode. With its super sensitive sensor, the L-758 series can measure the reflected flash output down to an amazing f/2.0 and ambient measurements as low as EV1.
Flash Analyzing Function
The ambient light, flash light and total amount of light are each displayed on the analog scale, and the ratio of flash light to the total amount of light is displayed at that time as a value in 10 % steps. Now you can take ambient, flash or mixed lighting exposure measurements without fumbling with meter modes, switches or different displays.
Flash Radio Trigger Function with Wireless Radio Transmitter Module
With the radio transmitter module plugged into the meters radio compartment and a receiver (PocketWizard® products; Plus, Plus ll or MultiMax receivers/transceivers) connected to one or more electronic flash units, the meter provides a convenient system that enables one person working alone to measure flash output without the need of a sync cord. Pressing the measuring button simultaneously triggers the flash and measures the light.
L-758DR has a built-in transmitter module, and L-758D has optional transmitter module.
(Only CE version of L-758D is available)
The Wireless flash triggering system may be used only in countries where a permit for the control frequency has been issued by the government office in charge. There are several kinds of frequencies in the world, and we recommend you check if your transmitter(s) and receiver(s) are compatible each other.
Full, 1/2 or 1/3 Step Selectable Readings
Both shutter speeds and apertures can be displayed in full, 1/2 or 1/3 step increments to accommodate most camera manufacturer's settings.
Electro-Luminescent Display lights up automatically in low light. (6EV or less)
Step Up Ring (Lens Hood)
The step up ring makes it possible to attach different diameter filters using the appropriate step-up adapters in front of the 1º spot lens (up to 40.5mm filter thread). It also acts as a lens hood preventing erroneous light measurement caused by lens glare and flare.
This meter has an All-whether design to endure rugged outdoor condition.
(JIS standard water resistance class 4)
You can select extended lumisphere (for 3-D object) or retracted lumisphere (for flat object) at one touch of a rotating the lumisphere retracting ring. Extended Lumisphere
The Custom Setting mode provides a quick and easy setup of individual meter preferences.
L-758DR/D have14 settings and the L-758CINE has 17settings.
- Measuring System
- Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light; 2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
- Measuring Modes
- Incident and reflected light
- Receptor Head
- Rotating; Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in down position); 3.3' to infinity (1m to infinity); 1° spot with display in finder
- Aperture/Shutter Priority
- Aperture priority metering, Shutter priority metering, EV metering
- With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative), Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Measurement with built-in wireless flash triggering radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
- Display Readout
- U (underexposure) or O (overexposure) indication
- Auto illumination: EV 6 and under (custom setting function);
- Diopter adjustment: -2.5 to 1.0d
- ISO Range
- Second ISO film speed setting: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 stop)
- f/Stop Display Range
- Ambient Light
- Incident light: -2 to 22.9EV
- Reflected light: 1 to 24.4EV with 1° spot viewfinder
- Repeat Accuracy: +/- 0.1 EV or less
- Incident light: f/0.5- f/161.2 (approx. f/175)
- Reflected light: f/2.0 to f/161.2 (approx. f/175) with 1° spot viewfinder
- f/0.5 to f/161.2 (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop)
- f/1.0 to f/128 (in 1/2 stop)
- Shutter speed: 4 seconds to 1/4000 second (in 1/2 stop)
- Shutter Speed - Ambient
- Ambient light: 30 minutes to 1/8000 seconds (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop) plus 1/200, 1/400
- Shutter Speed - Flash
- Flash: 30 minutes to 1/1000 second (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
- EV Range (ISO-100)
- -9.9 to 46.6EV (in 1/10 stop)
- Cine Speeds
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 36, 40, 48, 50, 60, 64, 72, 96, 120, 128, 150, 200, 240, 256, 300, 360 frames per second (at a 180° shutter angle)
- Exposure Memory
- 9 readings on analog scale (f/stop and shutter speed) with memory recall and clear feature
- Shadow/Highlight Calculation
- Brightness Difference
- +/- 9.9 EV (in 1/10 stop)
- Flash to Ambient Ratio
- 0 to 100% in 10% increments
- Multiple Flash
- Unlimited flash readings (only one digit is displayed when the cumulative number is ten or more)
- Up to 9 readings can be averaged
- Power Source
- One CR123A battery (3V Lithium dry cell); 60 hours; With 3 level status icon;
- Auto Power Off: 20 minutes after last use (10, 5 or no shut off in custom setting mode)
- Operating temperatures: 14 to 122°F (-10 to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
- 9.5 oz (268 gm) with battery
- Exposure Calibration
- +/- 9.9 EV (in 1/10 stop)
- Calibration compensation: +/- 1.0 EV (in 1/10 stop)
- Built-in radio transmitter module
- JIS standard water resistance class 4, splash-proof type
- 1/4" tripod socket for placing meter in subject area for cordless flash measuring
- 3.5 x 6.7 x 1.9" (90 x 170 x 48 mm) (WHD)
Computer System Requirements
Windows 2000 *1
Windows XP *2
Windows VISTA *3
Computer Personal computer equipped with USB interface as standard *4 CPU Pentium III or higher with 1 GHz or higher RAM At least 256 MB (At least 512 MB recommended.) Hard Disk Free At least 100 MB Display Screen Resolution: At least 1024×768
Display Colors At least 16-bit
- Professional Edition, SP4 or greater. Operation under Windows 2000 Server not guaranteed.
- Home Edition or Professional Edition, SP1 or later.
- Setting change in "Properties" needed after installation of application.
- The operating system must be the one preinstalled on the computer.
Proper operation may not be possible on certain computer models and configurations.
Proper operation is not guaranteed on a computer running an upgraded operating system, an add-on USB interface, a homemade computer, a shop-made computer, or on an emulator environment (such as Virtual PC).
Proper operation is not guaranteed over connection through a USB hub.
A drive capable of reading a CD-ROM is required to install the software.
Mac OS X 10.2 or greater *1 Computer Macintosh computer *2 equipped with USB interface as standard *3 CPU PowerPC G3,G4,G5 *2 RAM At least 256 MB (At least 512MB recommended.) Hard Disk Free At least 100 MB Display Screen Resolution: At least 1024×768
Display Colors: At least 16-bit
- If you are using a Macintosh computer, be sure to use the Macintosh version of the software. Operation of the Windows version is not guaranteed when running under Virtual PC for the Mac and other emulator software.
- The Macintosh version is designed to run on a PowerPC only. Operation under a 68k or Intel CPU is not supported.
- The operating system must be the one preinstalled on your Macintosh.
- Proper operation may not be possible on certain Macintosh models and configurations.
Proper operation is not guaranteed on a Macintosh running an upgraded operating system or an add-on USB interface.
Proper operation is not guaranteed when using via a USB hub.
A drive capable of reading a CD-ROM is required to install the software.
Windows, Macintosh and other companies and products mentioned herein are trademarks of their respective companies. Mention of these companies is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither and endorsement nor a recommendation. Sekonic assumes no responsibilities with regard to the performance or use of these products.