The Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 Limited Lens is an extremely thin, compact and light-weight wide angle lens, designed exclusively for Pentax digital SLR cameras. This lens measures only 1" (25mm) long, and weighs a mere 4.9 ounces (140 grams).
This versatile angle of view produces natural images with a moderate perspective and an expanded depth of field (or a wide in-focus area), making it ideal for many different types of subjects and occasions, including snapshots, landscape, travel photos, and architecture.
The image circle in DA-series lenses is designed to perfectly match the 23.5mm x 15.7mm size of the CCD used in Pentax digital SLR cameras to optimize camera performance. This design also contributes to a drastic reduction in size, weight and production cost, compared to 35mm-format counterparts with similar specifications.
Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras
- Limited lens-series quality for distinctive visual description and a premium appearance
- Includes hybrid aspherical lens in its eighth optical element to effectively compensate for a variety of aberrations
- Floating lens mechanism, designed to adjust the degree of aberration compensation in relation to the focusing distance
- SP coating to protect the lens against water and grease
- Minimum focusing distance of 8" (20 cm) for close-up photography
- Dual filter attachment design
- Filter Size 43mm or 49mm
- f/Stop Range 3.2-22
- Minimum Focus Distance 8" (20 cm)
- Magnification 1:1.7
- Angle of View 68° (when used with digital camera)
- Groups/Elements 5/8
- Length 1.0" (25mm)
- Maximum Diameter 2.5" (63mm)
- Weight 4.9 oz (140 g)
- One Year Pentax International Warranty