The Pentax smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm f/2.8 is designed to be extremely compact and lightweight, compared to conventional macro lenses. The drastic downsizing and weight reduction were achieved through the development of compact, high-performance optical elements and the incorporation of durable yet lightweight exterior components.
This lightweight macro lens features an image circle to accommodate up to 35mm format and offers close-up to 1:1 life-size magnification.
The SMCP "D" lens series is designed to optimize image quality in both digital SLR and film photography. Improvements include optimized lens coating and curvature and positioning of optical elements. In particular, flare and ghost images - the most disturbing factors in digital SLR photography - have been reduced to minimum for clear, high-quality digital images.
- Close focus capability of 12" (30 cm)
- Features the FREE (Fixed Rear Element Extension) focusing system, effectively reducing annoying aberrations at any focusing distance
- Built-in focus-clamp mechanism to fix focus at any distance
- Metallic lens mount for extra durability
- Filter Size 49mm
- f/Stop Range 2.8-32
- Minimum Focus Distance 12" (30 cm)
- Magnification 1:1
- Angle of View 24.5°
- Groups/Elements 8/9
- Length 3.2" (80mm)
- Maximum Diameter 2.7" (67mm)
- Weight 12.2 oz (345 g)