If you're serious about getting better image quality in your photos, the Pentax 645D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) can move you pretty far along that road: with a format similar to the film 645 system (44 x 33mm), this camera delivers a stunning 40MP of resolution in a package not much larger than top-of-the-line DSLRs (6.1 x 4.6 x 4.7"/15.5 x 11.68 x 11.93 cm and 49 oz/1389 g).
JPG (8-bit depth) and RAW (14-bit depth) files offer superb image quality. The 645D is compatible with all Pentax 645AF2 bayonet mount lenses. It has an 11-point autofocus system and 77-segment metering system, an all-glass trapezoid pentaprism viewfinder, and a 3" LCD display.
A full range of white balance, exposure and playback options are available, as well as sensitivity from 100-1600 ISO, and in-camera HDR image capture that automatically takes 3 images and blends them into a single photo to more accurately represent the range of light intensity levels found in real scenes. A Lens Correction function automatically compensates for lateral chromatic aberration, as well as barrel and pincushion distortion common to wide angle lens photography, with select Pentax 645 lenses.
The 645D can capture 1.1 frames per second at full resolution, and offers mirror lock-up, multi-exposure, bracketing and interval functions also. The rugged magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed and cold-proof to resist rain, snow, dust, etc. It has dual memory card slots (SD/SDHC) for convenience, and operates on a single rechargeable Li-Ion battery. Look closely--you'll see the difference.
- 40 Megapixels
- A 40 megapixel medium format (44x33mm) CCD sensor provides a top resolution of 7264x5440 pixels, which is ideal for ultra-high resolution imaging, exceptionally large printing applications, and outstanding cropping flexibility.
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- Magnesium alloy covers a rigid aluminum diecast chassis to add durability and thermal stability while minimizing weight.
- Fully Weather Sealed
- Fully weather sealed and coldproof design resists rain, snow, dust, and other environmental hazards during field use to keep the camera operating at peak performance levels.
- Large 3" LCD
- Large, 3 inch LCD screen, with anti-reflective coating and reinforced glass surface features 921,000 dots of resolution, wide angle viewing, and 32X image review magnification for easy on-camera image proofing.
- Lens Compatibility
- Compatibility with new D FA autofocus lenses as well as older 645 lenses ensures a wide selection of PENTAX glass for a wide range of photographic applications.
- 11-Point SAFOX IX+ Autofocus System
- Highly responsive and accurate 11 point SAFOX IX+ autofocus system features a light wavelength sensor for improved focus speed and reliability, even within different lighting environments.
- 77-Segment Metering System
- Highly accurate 77-segment metering system for perfectly exposed images even in difficult lighting.
- 14-Bit RAW Files in PEF and Adobe DNG
- Deep, 14-bit RAW files in PEF and Adobe DNG formats retain great detail in highlight and shadow areas of an image, and offer a high level of flexibility when processing RAW files.
- Dual-Slot SD/SDHC Memory Card
- Dual slot SD/SDHC memory card support ensures fast and reliable storage for high resolution image files, simultaneously saving in multiple formats, assigning images to different cards based on their original format, or easily holding one memory card in reserve.
- ISO 100-1600
- ISO 100-1600 provides great existing-light photo capture with outstanding noise performance.
- Highly Flexible White Balance
- Highly flexible white balance options include several common presets, 3 Kelvin color temperature settings, and 3 manual saves, each with WB fine adjustment tuning.
- All-Glass, Trapezoid Pentaprism Viewfinder
- All-glass, trapezoid pentaprism viewfinder with interchangeable focusing screens offers a 98% field of view viewing angle for accurate framing applications.
- Multiple JPG Image Processing Modes
- Multiple JPG image processing modes include Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Muted, Reversal Film, and Monochrome, for high quality JPG output without extensive computer enhancement and manipulation.
- Lens Correction Function
- Lens Correction function automatically compensates for lateral chromatic aberration, as well as barrel and pincushion distortion common to wide angle lens photography, with select PENTAX 645 lenses.
- 1.1 Frames Per Second at Full 40 Megapixel Resolution
- Consecutive shooting up to 1.1 frames per second at full 40 megapixel resolution, enables action photography in a medium format camera system.
- In-Camera HDR Image Capture
- An in-camera HDR image capture function blends 3 consecutive frames of varying exposures into a single, perfectly blended image, maximizing detail within all tonal ranges.
- Mirror Dampening Hardware
- Mirror dampening hardware applies a braking action to the mirror swing, minimizing the effect of camera shake and noise levels to the image capture process.
- Mirror Lockup Function
- Mirror Lockup function prevents blur caused by the movement of the mirror during the exposure, ensuring the sharpest possible image capture for professional-caliber applications.
- HDMI Output
- HDMI output for high resolution image display on HDTVs.
- Digital Level Function
- A Digital Level function displays the vertical and horizontal inclination of the camera, ensuring captured photos remain level to the horizon.
- High Capacity Li-Ion Battery
- High capacity Li-Ion battery provides up to 800 shots in typical shooting conditions.
|Sensor:||Total pixelsapprox. 40.01 megapixels TypeCCD with a primary color filter Size44mm x 33mm Pixel size6.0 µm x 6.0 µm||Lens Mount:||PENTAX 645AF2 bayonet mount |
|Focus System:||Type TTL phase difference detection, 11-point autofocus system (SAFOX IX+) Focus ModeAF-single, AF-continuous Focus PointAuto, Select, Center Superimposeavailable ||Viewfinder:||Type: Trapezoid prism finder Focusing screenNatural-Bright-Matte focusing screen Field of view: approx. 98% Diopter adjustment: approx. -3.5 - +2.0m-1 Magnification: approx. 0.62 x (with D FA645 55mmF2.8 at infinity),approx. 0.85 x (with FA645 75mmF2.8 at infinity) |
|LCD Monitor:||Type: TFT color LCD monitor, Wide angle view, Brightness adjustable, Color adjustable, AR Coating, Reinforced glass Size:3.0 inch Dots:approx. 921,000 dots ||Built-in Flash:||N/A |
|External Flash:||Hot shoe, X-sync socket, sync-speed: 1/125 sec., P-TTL, high-speed-sync, wireless-sync with PENTAX dedicated external flash ||Storage Media:||SD, SDHC memory card (Dual slot) |
|Interfaces:||USB2.0 (Hi-Speed:mini B type), Video output (mini phone type), HDMI output (type C mini), DC input , Cable switch, X-sync socket ||Power Supply:||Rechargeable D-LI90 lithium-ion battery Optional AC adapter also available. |
|Physical Specifications:||Dimensions: approx. 156(W) x 117(H) x 119(D)mm (6.1 x 4.6 x 4.7 inches) Weight: approx. 1480 g (52.2 oz.) loaded and ready with battery and two SD memory cards, approx. 1400 g (49.4 oz.) without battery and SD memory card. ||Language Support:||N/A |
|Image Stabilization:||N/A||Metering System:||Metering SystemTTL open-aperture 77-segment metering Metering Mode(1) Multi-segment metering, (2) Center-weighted metering, (3) Spot metering Exposure RangeEV 2-21 (at Standard Output Sensitivity 200 with 55mmF2.8) Modes(1) Program AE, (2) Sensitivity-Priority AE, (3) Shutter-Priority AE, (4) Aperture-Priority AE, (5) Shutter and Aperture Priority AE, (6) Metered Manual, (7) Bulb, (8) X speed Exposure Compensation±5EV AE Lockavailiable |
|ISO Sensitivity:||Auto:200-1000, Extension:100, 1600 (1EV steps or 1/2EV steps or 1/3EV steps)||White Balance*:||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent Light ( D, N, W, L), Tungsten Light, Flash, CTE, Manual setting 1, Manual setting 2, Manual setting 3, Color temperature setting (3 types) with WB fine adjustment |
|Shutter:||Auto:1/4000 - 30 sec, Manual:1/4000 - 30 sec (1/3 EV steps or 1/2 EV steps), bulb ||Capture Modes:||Single-frame, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self-timer (12s, 2s), Remote control (0s, 3s ), Remote Continuous Shooting, Interval, Multiple Exposure, Exposure Bracketing, Extended Bracketing |
|Drive Modes:||Single-frame, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self-timer (12s, 2s), Remote control (0s, 3s ), Remote Continuous Shooting, Interval, Multiple Exposure, Exposure Bracketing, Extended Bracketing Continuous shooting:, approx. 1.1 fps, RAW(PEF)+JPEG(40M at ???): until approx. 13 fps, RAW(PEF): until approx. 13 fps, RAW(DNG): until approx. 13 fps, JPEG(40M at ???): until approx. 13 fps Mirror Lock-up shootingavailable by dedicated dial||Playback Modes:||1 Image, 2 Image, 4 Image, 9 Image, 16 Image, 36 Image, 81 Image, Enlargement (up to 32X, scroll available), Image Rotation, Folder view, Slideshow, Histogram, Resize, Cropping, Bright/Dark area, Calendar view, Index view |
|File Formats:||RAW(14 bit): (PEF/DNG), JPEG: ???(Best), ??(Better), ?(Good), RAW+JPEG: available ||Custom Functions:||Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Muted, Reversal Film, Monochrome |
- Pentax 645D Digital SLR Camera
- FA 55 mm F2.8 AL [IF] SDM AW Lens
- AC PLUG CORD D-CO2U
- PENTAX USB CABLE I-USB107
- RECHARGEABLE L-ION BATTERY D-LI90 (B)
- BATTERY CHARGER D-BC90 (A)
- PENTAX STRAP O-ST107
- PENTAX LARGE EYE CUP O-EC107
- PENTAX STRAP O-ST53