- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- UHD 4K Video Recording
- 4K Photo Modes
- Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
- Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Other Camera Features
- Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens
A pocketable powerhouse of a camera, the Pink Lumix GF9 Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless Camera from Panasonic manages to squeeze an outstanding level of performance into a super compact body with a 3.0" 180° tilting touchscreen that is perfect for selfies. This camera comes with a retractable Lumix G 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. lens that provides a versatile 24-64mm equivalent focal range and takes up little space when not in use. Beyond this, the GF9 is a member of the Micro Four Thirds system, allowing it to work with a wide range of interchangeable lenses. Also, it features a 16MP Live MOS image sensor that can create sharp images at sensitivities up to ISO 25600 and record UHD 4K video at 24/30 fps.
With a 49-point AF system that uses Depth-from-Defocus technology to provide sharp images, the GF9 does not dissapoint. Also, multiple 4K PHOTO modes are available, which take a burst of images from which you can then select the best moment to save. Also, it can capture up to 10 full-size images each second with AF-S and work at 6 fps with AF-C. Furthermore, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity makes it easy to control the camera and transfer files to a mobile device.
Improving usability is the inclusion of a built-in flash along with a variety of settings and functions to make taking pictures simpler. This includes 22 creative filters that will enhance your images and a couple of auto shutter settings to make taking selfies and group photos easy. Additionally, it features a microSD card slot that is UHS-1 rated.
16MP Live MOS Sensor
Using a 16MP Live MOS sensor, the GF9 is capable of capturing clear, high-resolution stills as well as UHD 4K video. The sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to achieve a high degree of sharpness and resolution, and its design also affords a sensitivity range from ISO 200-25600 to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, fast shooting performance is also afforded, with the ability to shoot at up to 30 fps at 8MP using the 4K Photo Modes, 10 fps with AF-S and an electronic shutter, or 5.8 fps with a mechanical shutter.
UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the GF9 also supports recording UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) video with either 30p or 24p frames rates at 100 Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, in both MP4 and AVCHD formats, as well as HD and SD resolutions. Users will be able to record UHD 4K footage for up to 5 minutes at a time and Full HD 60p video for up to 20 minutes. A built-in stereo microphone can be used during recordings, and features an integrated wind-cut filter for cleaner audio quality when shooting outdoors. Also, a micro-HDMI port permits the use of external monitors and recorders at up to 4K resolution.
4K Photo Modes
Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Depth-From-Defocus AF Technology
For accelerated autofocus performance, DFD (Depth-From-Defocus) technology is employed to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focusing position in order to suit working with continuous shooting rates up to 6 fps with continuous AF. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject tracking applications where subject color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. Additionally, supporting working in low-light conditions, a Starlight AF feature enables accurate AF performance down to -4 EV.
Benefitting manual focus operation, focus peaking is available that highlights bright edges of contrast with a colored outline for quickly recognizing your focus point, as well as Touch MF Assist for touch-to-focus operation.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- For image composition and playback, the 3.0" 1.04m-dot rear OLED monitor has a 180° tilting design to support viewing from a variety of angles, including selfies. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Programmable function buttons can be used to control a wide variety of settings and tools.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from linked smartphones and tablets.
- Built-in flash with guide number of 13' at ISO 100 will help illuminate subjects in dim lighting conditions.
Other Camera Features
Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens
- An electronic shutter function avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec. to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Post Focus allows users to select the point of focus after an image has been taken.
- Focus Stacking helps create an image with a deep depth of field by taking multiple images with varying focus points and blending them together.
- Photo Style modes: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, L. Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, and Custom.
- Creative Control modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, and One Point Color.
- Touch shutter, auto face shutter, and buddy shutter modes make taking photos simple and intuitive.
- Time lapse and stop motion animation modes allow for creative imaging techniques.
A versatile standard zoom, the Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. is a 24-64mm equivalent wide-to-short tele featuring a sleek design to pair well with the compact camera body. Three aspherical elements and one extra-low dispersion element are incorporated within the lens design to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to increase image clarity and sharpness. Complementing the optical design is an internal focusing system and stepping motor that pairs with the camera's contrast-detection AF for quick, accurate focusing performance.
|Lens Mount ||Micro Four Thirds |
|Camera Format ||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor) |
|Pixels ||Actual: 16.84 Megapixel |
Effective: 16 Megapixel
|Max Resolution ||16 MP: 4592 x 3448 |
|Aspect Ratio ||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9 |
|Sensor Type / Size ||MOS, 17.3 x 13.0 mm |
|File Formats || Still Images: JPEG, MPO, RAW |
Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, MP4
Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch
|Dust Reduction System ||Yes |
|Memory Card Type ||microSD |
|Image Stabilization ||None |
|Video Recording ||Yes, NTSC |
|Video Format ||3840 x 2160p at 24, 30 fps (100 Mbps MP4) |
1920 x 1080p at 60 fps (28 Mbps MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 30 fps (20 Mbps MP4)
1280 x 720p at 30 fps (10 Mbps MP4)
1920 x 1080p at 60 fps (28 Mbps AVCHD)
1920 x 1080p at 24, 30 fps (24 Mbps AVCHD)
1920 x 1080i at 60 fps (17 Mbps AVCHD)
|Aspect Ratio ||16:9 |
|Video Clip Length ||Up to 20 Min |
|Audio Recording ||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) |
|Focus Type ||Auto & Manual |
|Focus Mode ||Continuous-servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S) |
|Autofocus Points ||Contrast Detection: 49 |
|Viewfinder Type ||None |
|Display Screen ||3" Rear Touchscreen Tilting LCD (1,040,000) |
|Screen Coverage ||100% |
|ISO Sensitivity ||Auto, 200-25600 (Extended Mode: 100-25600) |
|Shutter ||Type: Electronic & Mechanical |
Speed: 60 - 1/16000 Second
Speed: 1/25 - 1/16000 Second in Movie Mode
|Metering Method ||Center-weighted average metering, Multiple, Spot metering |
|Exposure Modes ||Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority |
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 18.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance Modes ||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, White Set |
|Continuous Shooting ||Up to 10 fps at 16 MP for up to 15 frames in raw format |
Up to 10 fps at 16 MP for up to 100 frames in JPEG format
Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
|Flash Modes ||Auto |
Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction
Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
|Built-in Flash ||Yes |
|Guide No. ||13.12' (4 m) ISO100 |
|Max Sync Speed ||1 / 50 Second |
|Flash Compensation ||-2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps) |
|External Flash Connection ||None |
|Self Timer ||10 seconds, 2 seconds |
|Interval Recording ||Yes |
|Connectivity ||HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB |
|Wi-Fi Capable ||Yes |
|Battery ||1Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 680 mAh |
|Operating/Storage Temperature || Operating |
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
|Dimensions (WxHxD) ||4.2 x 2.5 x 1.3" / 106.5 x 64.6 x 33.3 mm |
|Weight ||9.49 oz / 269 g with battery and memory card |
|Focal Length ||12 - 32mm |
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 - 64 mm
|Aperture ||Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6 |
|Angle of View ||84° - 37° |
|Minimum Focus Distance ||7.87" (20 cm) |
|Magnification ||0.13x |
|Elements/Groups ||8/7 |
|Diaphragm Blades ||7, Rounded |
|Autofocus ||Yes |
|Filter Thread ||Front: 37 mm |
|Dimensions (DxL) ||Approx. 2.19 x 0.94" (55.5 x 24 mm) |
|Weight ||2.47 oz (70 g) |
|Package Weight ||1.55 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||6.693 x 5.591 x 4.173"|
Panasonic Lumix GF9 Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless Camera with 12-32mm Lens (Pink)
Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH. Lens
AC Adapter & Cable