Panasonic Lumix DC-TS7 Digital Camera (Blue)
Distinguished by its electronic viewfinder and versatile imaging capabilities, the black Lumix DC-TS7 from Panasonic is a tough point-and-shoot camera well-suited for adventures. Featuring a durable body design, this camera is waterproof to depths up to 102', can withstand impacts from 6.6' high, is freezeproof down to 14°F, and is crushproof to up to 220 lbf. In regard to imaging, a 20.4MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor allows capturing high-resolution stills and UHD 4K30p or 24p video. A sensitivity range from ISO 80-6400 is available, too, along with a continuous shooting rate of 10 fps for working with moving subjects. Extending the imaging versatility is a Lumix DC Vario 4.6x zoom lens, which provides a 28-128mm equivalent focal length range and has POWER O.I.S. to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Unique among rugged cameras, the TS7's built-in 1.17m-dot electronic viewfinder is especially well-suited for working in bright conditions and photographing from eye-level. Alternatively, the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot screen is a larger means for composing and reviewing images. Built-in Wi-Fi is also available for transferring images to a mobile device for sharing.
Waterproof and Tough Design
Characterized by its durable, weather-proof design, the TS7 is the ideal companion for adventurers or those working in harsh conditions:
- Waterproof to 101.7' / 31m
- Shockproof from 6.6' / 2m
- Freezeproof to 14°F / -10°C
- Pressure-resistant to 220 lbf / 100 kgf
20.4MP MOS Sensor and UHD 4K Video Recording
Featuring a 20.4MP MOS sensor, the TS7 can produce high-resolution still images along with UHD 4K30p or 24p videos at 100mbps. The sensor's design also affords a native sensitivity range from ISO 80-3200, and can be expanded to ISO 6400 for working in difficult lighting conditions. Additionally, the sensor and processing capabilities also afford a full-resolution 10-fps continuous shooting rate with AF-S, or 5 fps with AF Tracking, for photographing fast-moving subjects.
Lumix DC Vario 4.6x Optical Zoom Lens and POWER O.I.S.
The built-in zoom lens covers a wide-angle to telephoto 28-128mm equivalent focal length range to suit working in a broad array of shooting conditions. This 4.6x optical zoom can be extended to 9.1x through the use of Intelligent Zoom, or in-camera cropping is possible using the Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) function to simulate a greater reach without compromising image quality.
Benefitting the lens's reach, as well as when working in difficult lighting conditions, POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization) compensates for the effects of camera shake to render sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
4K Photo Modes
Utilizing the 4K video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills at a 30-fps shooting rate:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Unique for a rugged point-and-shoot, a built-in 0.2" 1.17m-dot Live View Finder is featured for high-resolution eye-level viewing. This finder is well-suited to photographing in bright light.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor is a large means for composing and reviewing imagery and features a tempered glass construction for durability and has automatic brightness adjustment to suit working in changing light conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi can be used for image transferring to your linked mobile device via the Panasonic Image App. Additionally, a paired smartphone's location information can also be embedded into image files for geotagging needs.
- An electronic compass and altimeter suit mountaineering and adventure applications.
- Integrated LED can be used to illuminate a dim scene.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 300 shots per charge when using the rear LCD, or 250 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder.
- Charging is supported via either AC or USB input.
Other Camera Features
- Post Focus allows users to select the point of focus after an image has been taken.
- Creative Control Mode: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
- Scene Guide: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, and Monochrome. Photo Style: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, and Portrait.
|Pixels||Actual: 21.1 Megapixel|
Effective: 20.4 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||5184 x 3888|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG|
|Focal Length||4.9 to 22.8mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 to 128mm)|
|Digital Zoom||4x Maximum (18.4x Combined Zoom)|
2x Optimized (9.1x Combined Zoom)
|Maximum Aperture||f/3.3 to 5.9|
|Minimum Aperture||f/10 to 18|
11.81" to Infinity / 30 cm to Infinity
1.97" to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity (Wide)
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 8 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 80 to 3200 (Extended: 80 to 6400)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
4 to 1300 Seconds
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/16000 to 4 Seconds in Auto Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Manual, Program|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 20 MP|
Up to 30 fps at 8.3 MP
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 29.97p/59.94p
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC|
Viewfinder and Monitor
|Viewfinder Resolution||1,170,000 Dot|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +4|
|Monitor Resolution||1,040,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type|| LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Effective Flash Range||1.0 to 18.4' / 0.3 to 5.6 m (Wide)|
1.0 to 10.2' / 0.3 to 3.1 m (Telephoto)
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Waterproof||101.7' / 31 m|
|Shockproof||6.6' / 2 m|
|Crushproof||220 lbf / 100 kgf|
|Battery||1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1250 mAh (Approx. 250 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.6 x 3 x 1.5" / 116.7 x 76.1 x 37.3 mm|
|Weight||11.25 oz / 319 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||1.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.5 x 5.1 x 2.1"|
Panasonic Lumix DC-TS7 Digital Camera (Blue)Panasonic DMW-BCM13 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 1250mAh)USB CableAC AdapterHand Strap
Login to get access to Q&A