The Panasonic 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 Leica D Vario-Elmarit Aspherical MEGA O.I.S. Lens is an interchangeable bright standard-zoom lens, developed by Leica exclusively for digital SLR cameras, and follows the Four Thirds Standard. This means that the lens is also interchangeable with other manufacturers that use this format.
With a bright maximum aperture of f/2.8 and the incorporated MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer), this lens makes it possible - without using a tripod - to capture clear, sharp images even in macro shooting or low-lit situations. This provides users with more shooting flexibility. In addition, the lens maximizes this advantage by incorporating Panasonic's Venus Engine PLUS LSI into the lens.
- Aspherical Lenses
- Two large-diameter aspherical lenses help the lens meet Leica's extremely high optical performance standards. They help capture images that are clear from corner to corner across the entire zoom range, with minimal distortion.
- Multi-coated lens elements reduce ghosting and flare to an absolute minimum, enabling the lens to deliver an optical performance that meets Leica's lofty standards.
- Aperture Ring
- The included aperture ring, in addition to the zoom and focus rings, provides users with the kind of easy, pleasant, intuitive operation offered by familiar film cameras.
- Circular Aperture
- 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics.
- Four Thirds Standard Lens Mount
- Use of the Four Thirds Standard means that this lens can also be used with other manufacturers that have adopted this digital camera standard.
Filter Size 72mm f/Stop Range 2.8-22 Minimum Focus Distance 10.6" (26.9cm) Magnification 1:3.1 Angle of View 75-24° Groups/Elements 12/16 Tripod Collar No Length 4" (103mm) Maximum Diameter 3.1" (79mm) Weight 1.1 lb (490g)