Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens (Sony Malaysia)
Positioned as the workhorse lens for APS-C, the Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G is a flexible wide-angle to portrait-length zoom featuring a bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture. This fast design suits working in a variety of lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field. Further distinguishing itself, this lens sports four aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements in order to control spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. A Nano AR Coating has also been applied to further reduce surface reflections and flare for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit conditions. Benefitting the optics, this lens also sports an XD Linear Motor system that is quick and quiet, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. The lens also has a dust- and moisture-sealed design, along with a fluorine coating, to support shooting in inclement conditions.
- Wide-to-portrait-length 16-55mm zoom is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-82.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture enables greater control over depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- Four aspherical elements, including two AA (Advanced Aspherical) elements, help to greatly reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to accurately render scenes with a high degree of sharpness.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Nano AR Coating has been applied to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- An XD Linear Motor system provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control. An AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- Customizable focus hold buttons are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
||16 to 55mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 82.5mm)
|Angle of View
||83° to 29°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||1.08' / 33 cm
||17 Elements in 12 Groups
||67 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||2.87 x 3.94" / 73 x 100 mm
||1.09 lb / 494 g
Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens
- Sony ALC-F67S 67mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
Login to get access to Q&A