Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens (White) (Olympus Malaysia)
Characterized by its good looks, the Olympus PEN E-PL10 is a stylish mirrorless camera with equally impressive imaging capabilities. Featuring a 16.1MP Micro Four Thirds MOS sensor and TruePic VIII processor, stills recording is supported at up to 8.6 fps, a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 benefits working in difficult lighting conditions, and a UHD 4K video recording is possible at up to 30 fps. The sensor and processor also enable working with the 121-area FAST autofocus system, which benefits both stills and video, and supports Eye and Face Detection AF modes to suit portraiture applications. Additionally, 3-axis in-body sensor-shift image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
Outside of imaging, the E-PL10 remains one of the most aesthetic camera designs out there, with its white leatherette wrap, stamped Olympus PEN logo, and svelte form factor. This physical design is also functional, with a large rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD that has a 180° tilting design for perfectly composed selfies. For easier control when making front-facing portraits, Touch Shutter lets you simply tap to focus and shoot and a variety of in-camera Art Filters can also be applied and refined to creatively enhance the look of your images. Additionally, the camera is also fitted with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
Featuring a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor, along with a TruePic VIII image processor, the E-PL10 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video at up to 30 fps with sensitivities up to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 8.6 fps and a 4.8 fps shooting rate when working with the anti-shock electronic first curtain shutter.
FAST Autofocus System
Benefitting both stills and video, a contrast-detection focusing method employs 121 AF areas across the entire sensor to quickly and accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology) is able to home in on subjects using single-shot or continuous focusing methods, as well as AF tracking to benefit working with moving subjects. In addition, there is Face Detection/Eye Detection AF which prioritizes focus on a subject's face and eyes.
When working with manual focus, focus peaking is available to simplify attaining precise sharpness, which is especially useful when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
3-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
In-body sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops with any lens in use. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across three axes and compensates for vertical and horizontal shifts (yaw and pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll). This range of detected movements suits both stills and video recording, and electronic image stabilization can also be used to further benefit video recording.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- A large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive control over image composition, settings, and playback, and the screen also has an 80° upward, 180° downward tilting design for making front-facing selfies, or just working from a variety of angles.
- The touchscreen enables the Touch Shutter function for simply tapping on the screen to both focus and release the shutter.
- The exterior of the camera body is wrapped in a brown leatherette for a traditional feel and the Olympus PEN logo has been foil stamped on the front of the camera body.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also accommodate an optional external flash.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 350 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permit seamlessly connecting a smartphone or tablet to the camera, which then enables you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera.
Other Camera Features
- Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, Partial Color, Bleach Bypass, and Instant Film. Additionally, the strength of the Art Filters can be fine-tuned in real time to achieve different effects.
- An anti-shock shooting mode lets you use an electronic first curtain shutter, in conjunction with a 60-1/320 sec shutter speed range, to reduce vibrations when shooting atop a tripod or other support.
- Digital ESP metering uses a 324-area multi pattern metering area, along with center-weighted average and spot metering modes, for accurate exposure metering control.
- Advanced Photo Modes: Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, and Focus Bracketing
- Scene Select AE modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Hand-Held Starlight, Fireworks, Light trails, Sport, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR, Panorama, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, and Multi Focus Shot.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Photo Story mode lets you shoot a scene from different viewpoints, then compile these individual images into a single frame.
- Live Composite Mode lets you record a long exposure, between 1/2 to 60 seconds, and watch the exposure build in real-time for more accurate long exposures.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 sequential frames with 1 second to 24-hour intervals. Finished shoots can then be automatically compiled into a time-lapse movie.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you record two sequential frames over one another with auto gain for a balanced overall exposure.
- Movie Effects: One Shot Echo, Multi Echo, Art Fade, and Old Film.
- Live Guide is a simple graphical menu for adjusting color saturation, color value, brightness, background blur, and how motion is portrayed, and can also display helpful shooting tips.
M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
Included with the camera is the versatile M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens, which provides a 28-84mm equivalent focal length range in a compact, pancake style. Three aspherical elements have been incorporated into the lens' design to help reduce spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range and also contribute to high image sharpness and clarity. The lens is designated as MSC (Movie & Still Compatible), making it ideal for video recording due to its quick and near-silent focusing performance.
||Micro Four Thirds
||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
||Actual: 17.2 Megapixel
Effective: 16.1 Megapixel (4608 x 3456)
||17.3 x 13 mm
|Image File Format
||Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)
1/4000 to 60 Seconds
0 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
1/16000 to 60 Seconds
||Average, Center-Weighted Average, Spot
||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
||-2 to 20 EV
Up to 8.6 fps at 16.1 MP for up to 14 Frames (Raw) / 220 Frames (JPEG)
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [102 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
HD (1280 x 720) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
||Up to 29 Minutes
||Auto: 200 to 6400 (Extended: 200 to 25600)
Manual: 100 to 25600
||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
|Audio File Format
||Linear PCM (Stereo), WAV
||Auto and Manual Focus
||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
||Contrast Detection: 121
||180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD
||Auto, Fill Flash, First-Curtain Sync, Manual, Off, Red-Eye Reduction, Second-Curtain Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
||17.72' / 5.4 m at ISO 100
|Maximum Sync Speed
||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2, 1 EV Steps)
|Dedicated Flash System
|External Flash Connection
|Media/Memory Card Slot
||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
||USB Micro-B (USB 2.0), HDMI D (Micro)
||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
||30 to 90%
||-4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C
||10 to 90%
||1 x BLS-50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1175 mAh (Approx. 350 Shots)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||4.6 x 2.7 x 1.5" / 117.1 x 68 x 39 mm
||13.4 oz / 380 g (Body with Battery and Memory)
||14 to 42mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 to 84mm)
||f/3.5 to 5.6
|Angle of View
||75° to 29°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||7.87" / 20 cm
||8 Elements in 7 Groups
||37 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||2.4 x 0.91" / 61 x 23 mm
||3.99 oz / 113 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||9.9 x 7.4 x 4.6"
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens (White)
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens (Silver)
- Olympus BLS-50 Lithium-Ion Battery (7.2V, 1175mAh)
- Olympus BCS-5 Lithium-Ion Battery Charger
- Micro-USB Cable
- Camera Strap
Login to get access to Q&A