Nikon Z fc Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28mm f/2.8 Lens (Free Nikon Z Series Case) (Nikon Malaysia)
Sporting a unique vintage design and mechanical controls, the Nikon Z fc Mirrorless Digital Camera is a DX-format camera revolving around the versatile Z Mount. Capable in both stills and video realms, the Z fc features a 20.9MP CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 image processor, which enables fast performance up to 11 fps, a reliable 209-point hybrid AF system with eye detection, and notable low-light performance to ISO 51200. For video shooters, UHD 4K is supported up to 30 fps along with Full HD recording at up to 120 fps for slow-motion playback. A large 3" vari-angle lcd touchscreen lets you efficiently compose your images and full time eye-detection autofocus for video and stills quickly locks onto your subject's eyes and follows them. The Z fc also features a built-in stereo microphone, external microphone jack, live stream capabilities, and you can even send images to your phone via the Nikon SnapBridge app and a compatible smart device.
20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Image Processor
The DX-format 20.9MP CMOS sensor is paired with the EXPEED 6 image processor to provide a versatile mixture of high sensitivity, nuanced image quality, and fast overall performance. At native values, a sensitivity range from ISO 100-51200 permits working in a broad array of lighting conditions, and can be further expanded up to ISO 204800 for extreme low-light conditions. The mixture of resolution and sensor size also contributes to clean image quality and smooth color transitions with reduced noise throughout the sensitivity range. In addition to benefitting image quality, the EXPEED 6 processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 11 fps.
Besides imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates a 209-point hybrid autofocus system, which uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Capable of recording more than just stills, the Z fc supports UHD 4K video recording at up to 30 fps and Full HD recording at up to 120 fps, for slow-motion effects, along with the ability to save movie files to the in-camera memory card. In-camera time-lapse shooting is also possible.
Heritage Design with Intuitive Functions
Precision carved aluminum dials with engraved markings and mechanical controls for shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation. Intuitive functions also enable easy access to auto mode, quick settings, and the menu help guide.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a vari-angle design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 2.36m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Live streaming and web conferencing via separately purchased USB Type-C cable.
- 3.5mm stereo mini-pin jack provides plug-in power
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge.
- Compatible with NIKKOR Z lenses as well as F-mount lenses using the separately purchased FTZ Mount Adapter.
NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 SE Lens
Included with the camera body is the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 SE Lens, an ultra-compact, lightweight DX-format prime lens with a traditional Nikon heritage design. This special edition lens is designed to be a versatile wide-angle lens well-suited to a range of subjects, including landscape, architecture, and reportage. With an f/2.8 max aperture, this fast, bright lens offers beautiful details at a standard focal length. Complementing the optical design, a multi-focus system, which employs two stepping motors, helps to realize impressively fast, accurate, and quiet focus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to suit both stills and video needs. Additionally, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings. It makes for a great carry-around lens for spontaneous moments at any time of day.
Nikon Zfc Specs
||APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
||Actual: 21.51 Megapixel
Effective: 20.9 Megapixel (5568 x 3712)
||1:1, 3:2, 16:9
||23.5 x 15.7 mm
|Image File Format
||Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 100 to 204800)
||Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/4000 to 30 Second
1/4000 to 900 Second
||Center-Weighted Average, Matrix, Spot
||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
||-4 to 17 EV
||Up to 11 fps at 20.9 MP
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
||Auto/Manual: 100 to 25600
||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
||Auto and Manual Focus
||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
||Phase Detection: 209
||-4.5 to +19 EV
|Viewfinder Eye Point
||-3 to +3
||Free-Angle Tilting Touchscreen LCD
||First-Curtain Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
|External Flash Connection
|Media/Memory Card Slot
||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
||1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 300 Shots)
|Dimensions (W x H x D)
||5.3 x 3.7 x 1.8" / 13.5 x 9.4 x 4.6 cm
||13.8 oz / 390 g (Body Only)
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
||0.63" / 16 mm
||9 Elements in 8 Groups
||52 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||2.8 x 1.7" / 7.1 x 4.3 cm
||5.6 oz / 159 g
- Nikon Z fc Mirrorless Digital Camera with 28mm Lens
- Nikon 28mm f/2.8 NIKKOR Z Lens (SE)
- Nikon EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (7.6V, 1120mAh)
- Nikon MH-32 Battery Charger
- Nikon BF-N1 Body Cap
- DK-32 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC23 Camera Strap
Login to get access to Q&A