The Nikon R1 Wireless Close-Up System (a.k.a. Macro Kit B) is a complete flash solution for cameras that feature the Commander mode and include a built-in flash (e.g. D200, D70 & D70s). The kit is fully compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System and Advanced Wireless Lighting system when used with compatible cameras and/or flashes.
The kit's main components consist of the SX-1 Attachment Ring that attaches to the lens filter treads via an adapter ring (included), and two SB-R200 wireless macro flash heads. The SX-1 Attachment Ring can accept up to eight SB-R200s and can be attached to a tripod for remote lighting.
This solution enables excellent close-up lighting control with exceptional flexibility and innovative options.
- Flexible Control
- The built-in Speedlights of the D200, D70s or D70 serve as the system's Master controller. Or, for non i-TTL cameras, the SC30 sync cord can be used for off-camera control.
- Creative Lighting System
- Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) and compatible CLS cameras
- Built-in target light and AF Illuminator allows for proper position of Speedlight on the subject as well as autofocus operation in low light situations
- Accurate i-TTL flash control achieved through flash exposure monitoring control
- Can be set to one of three Speedlight Groups (A,B and C)
- Offers four independent channels for competitive shooting environments
- Auto FP High-Speed Sync; use with fast shutter speeds achieves effective blurring of out-of-focus background elements
- FV lock holds flash value, enabling recomposition prior to shooting
- Flash head tilts down (toward the optical axis) to 60° with click stops at every 15°, or up to 45° (in the opposite direction) with click stops at every 15°