Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight for Nikon 1 V1 Camera (Nikon Malaysia)
This Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight for V1 Camera is designed for use with the Nikon V1 CX format mirror-less camera. The SB-N5 mounts to the V1's multi-accessory port and is powered by the camera--no batteries required. This convenient featherweight (2.5 oz/70 g) flash has a guide number of 27.9' (8.5 m) at ISO 100 and is i-TTL compatible. Exposure modes include Fill Flash, Front- and Rear-Curtain sync and slow-sync and flash compensation.
The effective flash range is 2 to 66 feet, depending on ISO, bounce angle, and aperture, and the head both tilts up 90° and swivels 180° to both right and left. Flash duration is 1/4000 second at full power. Electronic construction consists of Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry. A capture illuminator lights for six seconds using Smart Photo Selector and Motion Snapshot modes. And, yes, there is a flash-ready indicator.
- Throw Light on Your World
- When you need more light, or are looking to add a creative touch to illumination, use the new Nikon 1 Speedlight. Plug this compact i-TTL compatible flash unit into the camera's multi-accessory hot shoe. Angle the flash up, down, left or right and bounce light to precise advantage. The flash can double as a continuous light source illuminating for six seconds during both Motion Snapshot and Smart Photo Selector modes. Extra batteries not required-the camera powers the SB-N5 Speedlight.
- Flash That's Compact and Ready to Use in an Instant
- Working in an environment that's dimly lit or full of backlighting? Shed light on your subject. Make important details pop, let subjects stand apart from their backgrounds. Plug this compact i-TTL compatible flash unit into the camera's multi-accessory hot shoe and go!
- More Expression through Creative Flash Options
- Looking to put even more expression to photos with the addition of creative light variety? Play it up! Experiment and invent novel looks using the new Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight and bend the light just as you like. With ease, swivel the Speedlight up, down, left or right and bounce light where and how you desire.
- Continuous Light Source Option for Long Exposure Needs
- If you're working in less than adequate light while creating a Motion Snapshot or using Smart Photo Selector, attach the Speedlight and keep everything exposed properly. The SB-N5 Speedlight steps up to serve as a continuous light source for up to six seconds.
- Shoe Mount Flash for CX Format Cameras
- GN 27.9' (8.5 m) at ISO 100
- i-TTL Compatible
- 6 Second Continuous Light + Flash
- Head Swivels and Tilts
- Powered by Camera--No Batteries Required
- For Nikon V1 Camera
|Electronic construction||Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry |
|Supported cameras||Interchangeable lens format cameras with multi accessory ports|
(20 °C/68 °F)
|8.5/27.9 (ISO 100, m/ft), 12/39.4 (ISO 200, m/ft)|
|Effective flash range (i-TTL)||0.6m to 20m/2 ft to 66 ft (varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture)|
|Supported flash control modes||i-TTL, manual|
|Options available using camera controls|
- Flash mode: Fill flash (front-curtain sync), front-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, and rear-curtain with slow sync
- Flash control mode: i-TTL, manual
- Flash compensation
- Vertical : Flash can be rotated up 90° from horizontal with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 60°, 75°, and 90°
- Horizontal: 180° right to 180° left, with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°,120°, 150°, and 180°
|Device on/off||Power switch used to turn SB-N5 on and off|
|Flash status indicator||Lights when charging is complete|
Warning indicator: Blinks
|Capture illuminator||When SB-N5 is used with compatible cameras, lights for about six seconds during buffering in Smart Photo Selector and Motion Snapshot modes|
|Capture-illuminator status indicator||Lights to show that capture illuminator can be used|
|Flash duration||Lights for about 1/4000s when fired at full power|
|Other options||Thermal cut-out|
Firmware can be updated from camera
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 50 x 70.5 x 40.5mm/2.0 x 2.8 x 1.6 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 70g/2.5 oz|
|Supplied accessories||Soft case SS-N5, Mounting foot cover BS-N2000|
- Nikon Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight for V1 Camera
- Soft Case
- Mounting Foot Cover
Login to get access to Q&A