Nikon SB-600 Speedlight / Flash
Fully compatible with the latest Nikon digital and film SLR cameras, the SB-600 is positioned to be the mid range flash in the Speedlight line-up. The flash features i-TTL control as part of the new Creative Lighting System (CLS), being introduced with the D2H digital SLR camera.
The new i-TTL system supports Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to four groups of Speedlights, with 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled through the master SB-800 or with the "Commander" function on the D70s, D70, and D200 cameras.
i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash control employs Nikon's Advanced Data Communication system to introduce an improved method for the monitor pre-flash and wireless operation that marks an evolution in higher precision over Nikon's acclaimed D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash control system and forms the core of the new Creative Lighting System.
- i-TTL Flash Control: Accurate, seamless fill-flash capability under the most difficult, tricky lighting situations
- Versatile Wireless functions for up to 3 remote i-TTL speedlight groups controlled by SB-800 Speedlight
- Four frequency channels prevent other photographers from inadvertently triggering flashes
- FV Lock (Flash Value Lock) allows photographers to change the composition or zoom for the shot while maintaining desired lighting of the subject
- Auto FP High Speed Sync Mode when used with D2H Pro Digital SLR delivers needed fill flash in bright light or with wide aperture Nikkor lenses
- Modeling Flash allows photographer to preview lighting effects
- LCD provides large, easy to read graphics, and ergonomic control design makes the buttons and switches simple to access and use
- Guide Number Approx. 98 at 35mm setting in feet at ISO 100
- Zoom Range Automatic 24 to 85mm zoom;14mm with built-in wide flash adapter
- Bounce Capability Flash head tilts up to 90 degree
- Swivel Capability Flash head rotates horizontally 180 degree to the left or 90 degree to the right
- Auto Settings
Flash Exposure Control
1) i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D2H and D70
2) D-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash with Nikon D1 series or D100
3) TTL Auto Flash with the Nikon F5, F100, N80, N75, and FM3A
4) Manual Flash
- Recycle Time Approx. 3.5 seconds with AA Alkaline manganese batteries, 4 seconds with AA Lithium batteries
- Power Source Four AA-size batteries
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 68.0 x 123.5 x 90mm (2.7 x 4.8 x 3.5 in.)
- Weight Approx. 10.6 oz.
- Notes & Special Features
Minimum Number of Flashes Approx. 200 (Alkaline) 400 (Lithium);
Creative Lighting System: A variety of flash operations are available with cameras compatible with CLS; i-TTL Mode, Advanced Wireless Lighting, FV Lock, Flash Color Information and Wide Area AF Illuminator
- Nikon SB-600 SB600 Speedlight / Flash
- Speedlight Stand AS-19
- Soft Case SS-600
Login to get access to Q&A