The black Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 Lens is a fast medium telephoto-length prime lens designed for use with the Nikon 1 series of mirrorless digital cameras. The 32mm focal length is equivalent to a 86.4mm in the 35mm format, and coupled with the maximum f/1.2 aperture renders this lens ideal for portraiture due to its longer-than-normal perspective and ability to produce imagery with a shallow depth of field. Also contributing to offering greater control over focus placement is the inclusion of a manual focus ring, which can be used in both manual and auto focusing modes due to the M/A manual focus override capability. When working in autofocus modes, a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) focusing mechanism provides smooth, fast, and quiet focusing performance that is ideal for use when recording HD video.
This lens utilizes a floating element design as part of the Close Range Correction (CRC) System to produce sharper, clear images when working at closer distances. Additionally, a Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to lens elements to minimize internal and surface reflections to prevent lens flare and ghosting in order to create vivid and contrast-rich imagery.
The lens barrel features a black metallic exterior that is well-paired to the design and appearance of Nikon 1 mirrorless cameras. Its small and lightweight form-factor is especially beneficial for everyday use and well matched to the overall compact system.
- Fast Portrait-Length Prime Lens
- This lens features a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 86.4mm and a fast maximum aperture of f/1.2, making it ideal for portraiture due to its ability to produce a shallow depth of field with an aesthetic out-of-focus quality. The fast maximum aperture is also well suited to working in dim and difficult lighting conditions.
- SWM and Manual Focusing
- This is the first lens in the 1 NIKKOR series to integrate a Silent Wave Motor into its design to provide smooth, fast, and near-silent focusing capabilities akin to NIKKOR lenses designed for DSLRs. These properties are ideally-suited to recording HD video and for use when tracking moving subjects.
Aside from advanced autofocus, a manual focus ring and manual-priority (M/A) autofocus allow for precise and deliberate focusing. The manual focus ring gives greater tactile control over the point of focus and the M/A system allows you to manually override the AF system in order to selectively choose the exact point of focus.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- This lens is also the first 1 NIKKOR lens to feature a Nano Crystal Coat anti-reflective coating to help improve image quality by way of minimizing reflections. This coating helps to eliminate both surface and internal reflections to prevent flare and ghosting and produce imagery with greater contrast, improved color fidelity, and sharper textural reproduction.
Nikon 1 NIKKOR 32mm f/1.2 Lens (Black)
- HB-N107 Bayonet Lens Hood