This Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Lens is a DX-formatted medium telephoto Micro lens. It is ideal for extreme close-up and general photography including portraits. The lens will autofocus from infinity to 10.8" producing a life-size (1:1) image.
The lens also features Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization. This allows handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. This is ideal for macro close-up work.
- Compact, DX-format Micro NIKKOR Close-up Lens An ideal choice for close-up, nature, portrait and general photography.
- Close focusing to 0.9 feet Extends versatility with focusing from infinity to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio).
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) element Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) For fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Internal Focus (IF) Provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance throughout the focus range.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- M/A focus mode switch Enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
Nikon 85mm f/3.5G ED AF-S VR DX Micro NIKKOR Lens, HB-37 Lens Hood, 52mm Front Lens Cap, LF-1 Rear Lens Cap, CL-1018 Soft Lens Case