The Nikon Telephoto AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Lens is a premium ultrafast super telephoto lens, currently the longest in the Nikon autofocus lens system. It is a very robust and durable lens. Its lightweight construction incorporates a magnesium die-cast barrel, and professional-grade dust and moisture sealing allows it to be used in more rugged situations.
This lens features the improved Vibration Reduction (VR II) system that allows handheld telephoto shooting, even in less-than-ideally lit conditions. The VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed of about 4 stops faster. In addition, this lens also features the Tripod Detection mode, which reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release, when mounted on a tripod.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provides swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera's command dial.
- VR function is only compatible with Nikon's F5, F100, N80, N65, D70, D100 & D1-series (or later generation) cameras.
- AF-S feature is not supported by certain older camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
- "G" type lenses are not fully compatible with the F4, N90-series, N70, N8008-series and N6006 (or older model) cameras, only programmed auto or shutter-priority auto exposure mode can be used.
- Tripod Detection mode reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
- Magnesium die-cast lightweight barrel and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- Improved M/A mode provides instant and fast switching from autofocus to manual focus with nearly no time lag, even during tracking autofocus.
- Three ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements restrict chromatic aberrations to a minimum, while enhancing color, sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat and a meniscus protective glass element combine to further reduce ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- 9-bladed aperture diaphragm assures brilliant rendition of out-of-focus highlights.