AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens, is the first fixed focal length, fast-aperture DX-format lens that affords photographers superb image quality along with the creative possibilities and versatility of the classic 50mm focal length (FX-format equivalent of 52mm). When mounted on a DX-format camera body, it enables photographers to document their world with a lens that produces a picture angle similar to the field of vision as seen through the human eye. Whether new to D-SLRs or a seasoned enthusiast, users will appreciate the extreme low-light performance and the expanded ability to dramatically separate the subject and background with the new 35mm DX lens' wide f/1.8 aperture.
Lightweight, compact and affordable, this lens can easily become a fast favorite for any level of photographer, and is the perfect complement to D60 users who are just starting to learn D-SLR photography or enthusiasts who love their D90. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G lens is ideal for travel, general photography, landscape shooting, portraiture or pushing creative boundaries. The stunning sharpness, clarity and color reproduction are all proof positive of more than 75 years of NIKKOR heritage and experience in optics engineering.
This lens continues the tradition of NIKKOR precision optics to provide photographers with sharp, high-resolution images and the ability to focus as close as 0.98 feet, while the integration of an ultra-compact Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, whisper-quiet AF operation.
The 35mm DX lens construction consists of eight elements in six groups, with one aspherical lens to reduce size and weight, while contributing to the enhanced balance when mounted on a smaller DX-format D-SLR. A rounded diaphragm opening combined with the seven-blade aperture contributes to a substantially more circular bokeh for a more natural appearance of out-of-focus background elements. Additionally, instances of lens flare and chromatic aberration are suppressed using Nikon's exclusive Super Integrated Coatings, which also help ensure vividly accurate color balance.
- Fast f/1.8 prime NIKKOR lens a broad range of uses Perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography
- Engineered for Nikon DX-format digital SLRs Optical formula optimized for use with Nikon DX-format digital SLRs, rendering apicture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on aNikon FX-format digital SLR or a 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element Minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency andreduced flare
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to one foot For creative perspectives and versatility
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements