Nikon 300mm f/2.8G ED AF-S VR II (Vibration Reduction) Telephoto Auto Focus Nikkor Lens (Nikon Malaysia)
The Nikon AF-S 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens delivers superior professional performance with speed and incredibly sharp images which photographers have come to expect from Nikon. This fast lens is perfect for sports photojournalism, wild life photography and a wide range of subjects that require super telephoto focal lengths. Nikon's VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization allows handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, and Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides users with fast and quiet autofocusing.
- Fast-Aperture f/2.8 NIKKOR Super Telephoto
- Wide aperture, professional telephoto performance, optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness for both FX and DX-format Nikon D-SLRs-perfect for action and sports photojournalism, wildlife photography and more.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and internal flare for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Delivers fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing.
- Three Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide apertures.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- AF Memory Recall
- Allows instant return to a predetermined point of focus.
- Close Focusing to 7.2 feet
- Focus to 7.2 feet in manual focus or 7.5 feet in autofocus, enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
A fast telephoto lens offering built-in Vibration Reduction (VR II), and the world’s first telephoto converter to utilize an Aspherical lens element, extending focal length by 2×, both compatible with the FX formatTOKYO — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of two new lens products, compatible with the FX format. The fast telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens is equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) that reduces the effects of camera shake equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four stops. The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III, is the world’s first teleconverter* to utilize an aspherical lens element.
Nikon’s development of the FX-format D3-series and D700 digital-SLR cameras has received tremendous support from professional and advanced amateur photographers. Nikon is expanding NIKKOR lens and accessory lineups by releasing new, high-performance products compatible with the FX format, allowing us to cater to the more advanced demands of users.
* As of December 10, 2009 (according to research conducted by Nikon Corporation).
- Built-in vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately 4 stops
- The addition of A/M (autofocus with manual override; AF priority) focus mode prevents accidental switching from autofocus to manual focus. Along with M/A (autofocus with manual override; manual priority) mode, which enables manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while autofocus is operating and M (manual) mode, this makes for a total of three focus modes.
- The lens optics and Nano Crystal Coat so well received with previous lenses have been adopted without modification
|Focal length ||300mm |
| Maximum aperture ||f/2.8 |
|Minimum aperture ||f/22 |
|Lens construction ||11 elements in 8 groups (3 ED glass elements, Nano Crystal Coat) |
1 protective glass element
|Angle of view ||8°10’ (5°20’ with Nikon DX format) |
|Closest focusing distance ||Autofocus: 2.3 m |
Manual focus: 2.2 m
|No. of diaphragm blades ||9 (rounded) |
|Focusing ||Autofocus utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor Manual focus possible |
|Filter/attachment size ||52 mm |
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount) ||Approximately 124 (dia.) x 267.5 mm (extension from the camera’s lens-mount flange) |
|Weight ||Approximately 2,900 g |
|Supplied accessories ||Slip-on front lens cap, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Lens Hood HK-30, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Dedicated filter holder, 52mm Screw-on NC Filter, Strap LN-1|
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens
- 52mm Filter Holder
- 52mm Nikon NC Filter
- CL-L1 Semi-Soft Case
- Slip-On Front Lens Cover
- Rear Lens Cap
Login to get access to Q&A