The new Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide Angle Lens is a precision prime lens with a natural wide angle view and is constructed to deliver the crisp and distortion-free image captures that are expected from Nikon. This Nikkor is built with 12 Nano Crystal coated lens elements in 10 groups including 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and 2 Aspherical lenses that help create images that are sharp and dynamic without chromatic or other aberrations even at f/1.4.
It also features a rounded 9-blade diaphragm which creates a natural appearance in out-of-focus areas of your images. Autofocusing is accomplished via Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and with Rear Focus (RF) you will experience fast, accurate and quiet operation. G-Type Nikkor lenses have no aperture ring; apertures should be selected from your camera body.
Lens compatibility with the following Nikon cameras:
- Prime Wide-Angle Perspective
- This fast, f/1.4 lens captures a natural wide angle of view, with extreme light gathering capability and delivers extraordinary performance to meet a broad range of challenging assignments.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- This lens features a Nano Crystal coat that reduces ghosting and internal flare across a wide range of wavelengths for impressive image clarity.
- 2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- The ED elements in the AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- 2 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Rear Focus (RF)
- Rear focus provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- The M/A focus mode switch enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- A rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Filter Size
- 77mm (screw-on)
- f/Stop Range
- f/1.4 - f/16
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 0.82' (0.25 m)
- Angle of View
- 84° (61° when used in DX Crop mode or with DX-format D-SLRs)
2 Aspherical elements
2 ED elements
- Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus
Rear focusing: Yes
- Aperture Control
- Via camera Command Dial
- Number of Blades
- 9 (rounded)
- Approx. 3.5" (88.5mm)
- Maximum Diameter
- Approx. 3.3" (83mm)
- Approx. 21.9 oz (620 g)