The lens retains the optical construction of its predecessor and delivers outstanding image quality with excellent sharpness, contrast and definition as well as smooth bokeh making it the perfect choice for photographers shooting stage events and indoor sports.Features
- Fast, Prime Telephoto Lens
- Upgraded, fast, f/2 prime telephoto lens with Nikon VR II image stabilization and Nano Crystal Coat produces razor sharp images under the most demanding conditions including indoor sports, wildlife or portraiture.
- Automatic Tripod Detection Mode
- Engages VR image stabilization when mounted on a tripod to minimize camera shake that occurs at shutter release.
- Super ED Glass Element
- Super ED glass excels at eliminating secondary spectrum and correcting chromatic aberration and offers low refractive index and lower dispersion. Also Super ED Glass is more resilient to rapid temperature changes.
- Three Focus Modes
- A/M mode joins the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rugged Construction
- Featuring enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and internal lens flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- 3 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Fully Compatible with Nikon Teleconverters
- Full functionality with Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II, TC-20E II and TC-20EIII Teleconverters.
- Filter Size
- 52mm (Drop-In)
- f/Stop Range
- f/2 to f/22
- Minimum Focus Distance
- 6.2' (1.9 m)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.12x
- Angle of View
- 12°20' (FX); 8° (DX)
- Tripod Collar
- 8" (20.3cm)
- Maximum Diameter
- 4.9" (12.4cm)
- 103.4 oz (2930g)