The incredibly powerful AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Lens from Nikon is a super telephoto zoom that delivers images with superior image quality. It features a 20-elements/17-groups construction with Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat lens coating and four ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens elements which help to yield color-corrected images with minimal distortion and aberrations. Nikon VR II image stabilization enables shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture. This lens an ideal choice for sports and wildlife photography and is a great tool to help you explore your creativity.
Note! Be careful not to hold the camera body when the lens is attached, as this may cause damage to the camera. Be sure to hold both the lens and camera when carrying.
- Versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom Lens
- This powerful super-telephoto zoom lens is perfect for sports and wildlife shooting offering constant maximum aperture and VR II image stabilization.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction)
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- The Nano Crystal lens coating further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Four Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Four ED elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Three Focus Modes
- The lens features an A/M mode, joining the familiar M/A and M modes, enhancing AF control versatility with fast, secure switching between auto and manual focus to accommodate personal shooting techniques.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- IF provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- The exclusive SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rugged Construction
- This powerful lens features enhanced dust and moisture-resistance, magnesium die-cast barrel construction and a protective meniscus front lens.
- Close Auto Focusing
- Focus to 6.6' (2 m) using AF or 6.4' (19.5 m) using manual focus enabling striking image perspectives.
- Rounded Nine-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm renders more natural appearances of out-of-focus image areas.
- This lens is compatible with Nikon TC-14EII (AF/MF), TC-17EII (MF), TC-20EII (MF) and TC-20EIII (MF) teleconverters.
- Filter Size
Be sure to attach a 52mm screw-in filter to the slip-in filter holder (included)
- f/Stop Range
- f/4 - 32
- Minimum Focus Distance
- AF: 6.6' (2 m)
MF: 6.4' (1.95 m)
- Reproduction Ratio
- 0.27x (max.)
- Angle of View
- 12°20' - 6°10' (FX format)
(8 - 4° when used in DX Crop mode or with DX-format D-SLRs)
- 24/17 with 4 x ED elements
- Number of Blades
- 9 (rounded)
- Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction (VR II): provides up to 4 stops of compensation
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Aperture Control
- Via camera Command Dial
- Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus
- Lens Coating
- Nikon Nano Crystal Coat (N)
- Tripod Collar
- Dimensions (Diam. x L)
- Approx. 4.9 x 14.4" (124 x 365.5mm)
- Approx. 7.4 lb (3.4 kg)