While the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Zoom Lens from Nikon is designed primarily for use with FX-format D-SLR cameras, it's equally at home on any DX-format D-SLR camera. As a standard 5.0x zoom on an FX-format camera body, it's perfect for landscapes, portraits, and weddings - it's an excellent choice for a perfect take-along-everywhere lens. On a DX-format camera, the focal length gets a 1.5x bump that turns it into a formidable longer-range optic with enough wide angle for all but the widest of shots.
The AF-S 24-120 ED VR is a versatile imaging tool with a constant maximum aperture of f/4.0 - this enables photographers to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range. For those critical focusing-moments - the M/A focus mode switch allows the shooter to quickly change between manual and autofocus modes.
Nikon's optical engineers have graced the lens elements with their proprietary Super Integrated Coating- a superior multicoating process that enhances light transmission for maximum clarity, crispness, and contrast. Additionally this NIKKOR offering also benefits from Nikon's very own Nano Crystal Coat - a high-tech lens treatment that ensures maximum imaging quality by limiting or eliminating the negative effects from ghosting, flare, and glare.
Low-light shooters will greatly appreciate the benefits from the addition of Nikon's VR II image stabilization system. This amazing internal virtual-tripod allows photographers to work with shutter-speeds up to 4x slower than usual - whether it's a candle-lit snap-shot or a moody portrait taken in a dark alley-way under a dingy street-lamp - hand-held photographers can rely on the AF-S 24-120 ED VR for sharp, clear, and extremely well-detailed imaging.
- Compact & Versatile 5x Standard Zoom Lens with f/4 Maximum Aperture
- Perfect for landscapes, portraits, weddings, and distant subjects. Offers a constant maximum aperture to maintain exposure settings throughout the entire zoom range
- Extended Range on Nikon DX-format D-SLR Cameras
- Angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 36-180mm in DX-format cameras.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction technology that's engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens - enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. This ensures dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture setting.
- 3 Aspherical Lens Elements
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nano Crystal Coat
- Further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens to maintain the working distance throughout the focus range. It also keeps the front element from spinning, which maintains the position of a polarizer or lens hood.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders images with a more natural appearance in out-of-focus areas (bokeh)
|Focal Length||24 - 120mm|
|Aperture|| Maximum: f/4 |
|Camera Mount Type||Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility|| Nikon FX/35mm Film |
|Angle of View|| 84° - 20° |
DX Picture Angle: 61° - 13°
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.5' (45 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4|
|Filter Thread||77 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.3 x 4.1" (8.38 x 10.41 cm)|
|Weight||1.47 lb (670 g)|