The Minox MD 50 W 50mm Spotting Scope Kit is a travel-friendly, compact, yet high quality spotting scope. Minox employs a certain set of company values - compact design, quality and precision mechanics are consistently applied in every product.
The MD50 W is particularly ideal for the bird watcher who prefers a spotting scope that is compact enough to carry along in luggage or a backpack when travelling. In this case, this spotting scope can, under certain conditions, be an excellent supplement to binoculars, in particular if a stronger magnification than available binoculars is required. With the 16x magnification of the variable eyepiece the compact MD 50 W can at times be hand-held, although for optimum use a tripod is always recommended.
A sturdy yet lightweight body protects the precision mechanics and optics against damage in normal use. Rubber armoring ensures a good grip, and provides added protection as it is also dustproof and waterproof to a depth of 16'/5 m.
- The angled design of the scope provides a more relaxed stance during viewing, and with a swivel tripod connection the telescope can be pivoted when on a tripod.
- Minox multi-layer M* coating results in high light transmission as well as brilliance, high contrast, and natural color rendition.
- Close-focus capability of 16.4'/5m.
- Nitrogen filling prevents misting up of the optical system on the inside, even under extreme temperature fluctuations.
- Waterproof & Fogproof
- Angled Viewing
- 16-30x Zoom Eyepiece
- 43-57° Apparent Field of View