The Metz SCA 3083 flash module enables off-camera flash operation between all current and many discontinued SCA 300, SCA 3000 & SCA 30002 compatible flash models and any camera that features a built-in flash. The module mounts into standard flash shoes and includes a female-threaded 1/4"-20 tripod socket upon the bottom.
Compatible Mecablitz flashes include the 32 Z-2, 32 MZ-3, 40 MZ-1, 40 MZ-1i, 40 MZ-3, 40 MZ-3i, 44 MZ-2, 45 CL-4, 50 MZ-5, 54 MZ-3, 54 MZ-4, 54 MZ-4i, 60 CT-4, 70 MZ-4, 70 MZ-5, & 76 MZ-5.
In the case of the 45 CL-4 and 60 CT-4 handle-mount flashes, you'll also need the SCA 3000 C (US catalog # MZ 5592).
Three slave functions are available
- The Metz Remote System (TTL or Auto Flash Control) function allows camera-mounted Metz flash units to control 1+ external slave units via infrared light pulses. Total light output is modulated by cameras' sensors in TTL mode or the master flash's external sensor in "Auto" mode. Top shutter speed in "Auto" mode is 1/60th second, while TTL mode allows cameras' maximum sync speeds.
(the Metz Remote System excludes 32 & 45 series flashes, and the 44 MZ-2 only functions as a slave unit)
- Slave trigger function without preflash suppression will trigger the slave unit with any light pulse from any flash unit on the camera (integrated or external). The attached flash's output can be manually set for specific light control in this mode.
- Slave trigger function with preflash suppression mode tells the slave flash to ignore any pre-flash used by digital cameras. The attached flash's output can be manually set for specific light control in this mode.
- Metz SCA 3083 Digital & Film Camera Slave Module
- Tabletop Stand with 1/4"-20 Threaded Tripod Mount