The Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Camera Smart Adapter
attaches a Canon EF lens to a Panasonic or Olympus Micro Four Thirds format camera. It is referred to as a "Smart Adapter" because it retains electronic communication between the camera and lens and therefore provides automatic aperture control in P or S modes, EXIF data, and image stabilization. Autofocus is not supported. The adapter is powered by the camera body, so no external power source is required and its 32-bit processor enables effective communication between camera and lens.
The Smart Adapter offers two distinct operation modes: Green and Advanced Modes. Each mode supports a different set of features and is selected when you mount the lens. Green Mode is the default mode and it is designed to conserve battery power by limiting aperture diaphragm movements and image stabilization. Certain other functions are not available in Green Mode including Auto-Magnify MF Assist and DOF preview.
Third party EF-mount lenses such as those from Tamron, Sigma and Tokina are compatible with the adapter, however some third party zoom lenses may need to be registered with the adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
Metabones adapters are made using precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera body and the lens side of the adapter in order to ensure smooth mounting, quality aesthetic, and durability. A matte black interior reduces internal reflections and a black satin external surface finish matches with most camera bodies and lenses. This adapter has a detachable tripod foot that is compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm; lets camera automatically choose aperture in Program or Shutter Priority exposure modes, or set it manually on the camera body in Aperture Priority or Manual modes.
- The adapter is powered by the camera body, therefore no external power source is required.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Two distinct operational modes are supported by the Smart Adapter: Green mode and Advanced mode. Green mode limits certain features and disables others in order to conserve the camera's battery power.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens. Satin surface exterior finish matches lens and camera mounts.
- Third party EF-mount lenses are supported however zoom lens may need to be registered with the adapter in order to detect its maximum aperture.