The 303 pan head permits the photographer to take sequential constant-angle shots around a single axis with his or her camera either in portrait or landscape position, and with the nodal point of the camera/lens in line with the centre of panoramic rotation to ensure that parallax effects do not cause problems during image stitching.
It is built around (and includes) the 300N panoramic unit, adding a system of sliding horizontal and vertical plates for accurate positioning of the camera nodal point. The plates have engraved index rules to make subsequent repositioning easier.
The included quick release elbow bracket lets the photographer use the portrait orientation of the camera gaining vertical field. The system is suitable for most 35mm SLR still and digital stills cameras using wide-angle or standard lenses.
- Double sliding plate with 80mm of adjustment for precise nodal point positioning.
- Convenient quick release elbow bracket with 1/4” and 3/8” male screw for camera attachment.
- 3/8” female tripod fitting.
- Dual graduated scale to set the angle of rotation to any of the following: 90°, 60°, 45°, 36°, 30°, 24°, 20°, 15°, 10°, 5° (respectively equivalent to 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 18, 24, 36 or 72 photos to achieve a full 360° rotation) on upper part of 300N rotation unit.
- Graduated scale from 0° to 360° on lower part of 300N rotation unit.
- By removing vertical brackets, the 303 can also be used as an object turntable.
| height || 31.3 cm |
| weight || 2.03 kg |
| load capacity || 5.00 kg |
| panoramic rotation || 360 ° |
| color || black |
| material || aluminum |
| independent pan lock || yes |
| quick release || yes |
| bubble spirit level (no) || 1 |
| plate type || quick release - with 1/4-20" and 3/8" screws |
| attachment (bottom) || 3/8" female thread|
- Two Years Manfrotto Warranty