Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum Tripod with 498RC4 Midi Ball Head (Black)
The black, redesigned MT190XPRO4 Aluminum Tripod
builds on the success and popularity of the previous 190 series with professional hardware and convenience features that make it even easier to use than its predecessor.
Set up is faster than ever with Manfrotto's Quick Power Lock System that allows you to completely extend the tripod legs with just one hand. Once set up you can use the MT190XPRO4's rapid center column in standard vertical mode or swing it into horizontal position like a boom with Manfrotto's 90° Column feature. Enlarged tabs on the individual leg angle selectors allow you to get down to only 3.2" for macro work with the column in horizontal mode. And once you're down there you can attach any of Manfrotto's flexible or articulated arms to hold lights or reflectors via the Easy Link plug built into the tripod's spider.
Convenience features include grippy, rubber leg warmers on two legs for cold or inclement weather and a bubble level that rotates so that you can see it easily regardless of the tripod's position. Finally, Manfrotto's insistence on form following function has yielded a tripod that you'll not only be happy to use but you'll be happy to be seen with, too.
- Fast Setup with QPL
- The Quick Power Lock (QPL) system is one of the most eye-catching and unique features of the redesigned 190. It is a strong, ultra fast, ergonomic locking system that allows for complete extension of the legs with one hand.
- 90° Column
- One of the most innovative aspects of the 190 series is its compactness, which allows for easier portability. The redesigned patented 90° Column is accessible whenever you need it with simple one finger operation.
- Easy Link Plug
- The plug allows instant connection between tripod and accessories, such as LED lights for macro photography and DSLR video applications using Manfrotto articulated arms and brackets.
- Rotating Leveling Bubble
- The bubble is easy to read, whatever the shape of the head or however the tripod is positioned. Just rotate it towards you for easy viewing.
- Leg Angle Selectors
- Each leg has user selection of 4 angles to accommodate uneven ground or rough terrain. The selectors are manufactured according to most innovative ergonomic standards to prevent fingers and nails being trapped in the upper casting.
- Manfrotto's Eye to Style and Design Detail
- The entire shape of the tripod has been modified and made more manageable and stylish. The complete redesign of its functional elements shows a particular attention to aesthetics and details: the brand name, for example, appears in many sections of the new 190, including the two legwarmers made of comfortable rubber to provide a secure grip and prevent the conduction of heat and cold in extreme weather conditions.
The Manfrotto 498RC4 Midi Ball Head with RC4 Quick Release is constructed of die-cast aluminum, strong enough to support an SLR camera with a medium lens, and light medium format cameras. It has a single repositionable locking lever for 360° panoramic rotation and ±90° tilt movement, plus a friction control for precise positioning. Cameras are attached to the ball head with the RC4 Quick Release and 410PL Plate with 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 male threads. The head to tripod attachment has 3/8" female threads. Additionally, the Quick Release has a safety system to prevent an accidental detaching from the head.
| Material || Black anodized aluminum alloy |
| Maximum Height || 63" (160 cm) |
| Maximum Height w/o Column Extended || 53.2" (135 cm) |
| Minimum Height || 3.2" (8 cm) |
| Folded Length || 19.2" (49 cm) |
| Load Capacity || 15.4 lb (7.0 kg) |
| Total Weight || 4.6 lb (2.1 kg) |
| Leg Stages / Sections || 3/4 |
| Independent Leg Spread || Yes |
| Leg Tube Diameters || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Leg Cross Section || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Leg Lock Type || Quick Power Lock (QPL) |
| Spiked / Retractable Feet || No, rubber |
| Head Mount Thread Size || 3/8"-16 |
| Bubble Level || Yes, rotating |
| Weight || Legs only: 4.6 lb (2.1 kg) |
| Center Column Type || Rapid, friction lock |
90° Column: swings 90 degrees horizontally
| Center Column Sections || 1 |
| Reversible Column || No |
| Center Brace || No |
|Material || Aluminum |
| Type || Ball Head |
| Load Capacity || 17.64 lb (8.0 kg) |
| Tripod Mount Thread Size || 3/8"-16 Female thread |
| Camera Mount Thread Size || 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 |
| Quick Release || Yes, RC4 with 410PL camera plate |
| Adjustments || ±90° |
| Separate Panning Lock || Yes |
| Tension Control || Yes |
| Ball Sphere Diameter || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Bubble Level || Yes |
| Base Diameter || Not specified by manufacturer |
| Dimensions || Working height: 5.3" (13.5 cm) |
| Weight || 1.54 lb (0.7 kg) |
- Manfrotto MT190XPRO4 Aluminum Tripod
- 498RC4 Midi Ball Head with RC4 Quick Release
- 410PL Quick Release Plate - for RC4 Quick Release System
Login to get access to Q&A