With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The MVH500AH Fluid Video Head with Flat Base from Manfrotto is designed with a wide platform, optimal for HDSLR camera bodies. Smooth and precise, it has a maximum weight load of 11 lb and professional quality fluid cartridges on both its pan and tilt axes. It has a pre-set spring-loaded counterbalance of 5.3 lb, its lateral tilt range is -70°/+90° and it provides 360° panning rotation.
The side lock system on the MVH500AH allows the camera and sliding QR plate to click quickly into the head from above, instead of needing to be aligned and slid in from the back. This makes it easier and safer to mount your camera on this head. The head attaches to a tripod via a 3/8"-16 thread and offers both a 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 camera attachment. It also provides an Easy Link 3/8" connector on the side of the head to attach accessories such as a video monitor. The 500PLONG quick release plate is included with this head.
The MVH500AH is made from aluminum alloy, measures 3.74" high and provides a bubble level and precision control handle.
- Wide platform fluid pan video head ideal for HDSLR cameras
- 5.3 lb pre-set spring-loaded counterbalance system
- Side-lock system for easier and safer camera mounting
- Aluminum alloy construction
- Includes long quick-release plate
- 11 lb maximum weight capacity