With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The Manfrotto MH055M8-Q5 Photo-Movie Tripod Head offers optimal function for still photo shooting as well as videography. Primarily designed for DSLR cameras with movie shooting ability, the tripod head features a Photo-Movie selector to quickly switch between the 2 modes.
In Photo mode, the MH055M8-Q5 head offers free movement in all directions just like a typical ball head. Equipped with fluid cartridges and an adjustable counter balance control, the tripod head provides precise, smooth, and controlled movement.
In video mode, the head restricts all-direction movement to precise pan-and-tilt operation, which is just perfect for videography. The MH055M8-Q5 head comes with a pan bar and offers fluid movement along with friction control. The pan bar is reversible for right- or left-hand users and can be quickly detached. An included rest clip allows the pan bar to be attached to a tripod leg after being removed. A Q5 quick-release plate is included.
- Tripod head to support still photo and video shooting
- Ideal for HDSLR cameras that are capable of photo and video shooting
- Photo mode provides free movement in all directions just like a typical ball head
- Fluid cartridge ensures precise and smooth movement
- Adjustable counterbalance control
- Video mode restricts all-direction movement to precise pan-and-tilt operation, which is just perfect for videography
- Fluid movement suitable for jerk-free movie recording
- Suitable for right-handed as well as left-handed users
- Rest clip (included) allows pan bar to be removed from head and attached to a tripod leg