With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The Manfrotto 804RC2 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head with RC2 Quick Release & 200PL-14 QR Plate is a direct replacement to the popular 3030 and 3029 heads. It is 20% lighter than its predecessors due to the use of Adapto material. It also features improved ergonomic design plus a counter spring system.
Adapto is a special technical polymer that is comparable to aluminum in strength but is 50% lighter. Compared to metals such as aluminum Adapto is an ideal material for photo imaging equipment as it has superb resistance to extreme temperatures and will not corrode or oxidize. Additionally, Adapto is an excellent vibration absorbing material making the 804RC2 head an ideal companion to a MagFibre tripod for the ultimate in vibration free shots.
The 804RC2 head is also the first 3-way head to use a counter spring system to help protect your equipment. Built into the forward/back tilt axis is a fixed spring that helps to absorb the shock of the full camera weight from crashing down. The spring also makes it easier to position the camera on this axis since it opposes some of the camera weight.
- Includes a built-in quick release adapter that accepts the range of different RC2 (3157N) plates.
- Handles feature improved design to fit more comfortably in your hand.
- Coating on the quick-release lever is more durable and scratch resistant than before.